Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
62756 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Thumbs down Fox DMCA

Hello, wow this is amazing, I have no idea how anyone found one of my test sites but I just wanted ask is this legit? All my test site has at the moment are just thumbnails of The Simpsons and it's not even listed on google at all.

To Whom It May Concern:

I am writing to you on behalf of Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation and its related entities (collectively "Fox"). Fox is the exclusive owner of copyright, trademark and other intellectual property rights worldwide in the television series THE SIMPSONS (the "Series").

It has come to our attention that you own and operate the website at domain.com (the "Website"), which offers streaming of and/or links to downloads of clips and/or episodes of the Series, and which uses copyrighted images from the Series.

Your streaming and/or links to downloads of clips and/or episodes of the Series constitutes copyright infringement under U.S. law, and entitles Fox to recover its actual damages, statutory damages up to US$150,000 per copyright infringed, your profits, Fox's attorney?s fees, and court costs. See 17 U.S.C. ??502 ? 505.

Moreover, the Website creates consumer confusion because users encountering it will assume that Fox sponsors, endorses, or authorizes the content thereon, when it in fact does not. Accordingly, the Website violates Fox?s trademark rights and constitutes unfair competition under the Lanham Act. See 15 U.S.C. ? 1114 and ? 1025.

We, therefore, demand that you immediately:

1. Remove all references to THE SIMPSONS and to any other television series or motion picture produced by Fox from domain.com;

2. Cease all use, display or distribution, or links to sites that use, display or distribute, of all copyrighted material from or related to THE SIMPSONS and any other television series or motion picture produced by Fox on any website whatsoever;

3. At your own expense, assign the domain.com URL to Fox;

4. Identify the total revenue that domain.com has generated to date by advertising or other means, and,

5. Confirm in writing to the undersigned no later than September 10, 2012, that you shall fully and promptly comply with each of the foregoing demands.

Should you fail to comply with the above demands by the close of business on September 10, 2012 we will consider taking all appropriate action against you without further notice to you.

This letter is without prejudice to Fox?s rights and remedies, all of which are expressly reserved.

Very truly yours,

/Kasimira C. Verdi/

Kasimira C. Verdi
    Director ? Intellectual Property
    Fox Group Legal
    foxip@fox.com
    What do you guys reckon about this?
    le3on9 Reviewed by le3on9 on . Fox DMCA Hello, wow this is amazing, I have no idea how anyone found one of my test sites but I just wanted ask is this legit? All my test site has at the moment are just thumbnails of The Simpsons and it's not even listed on google at all. What do you guys reckon about this? Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

OH GOD!!!!!
    Website's:
    HotNewHipHop.com
    Sounds legit but is probably an automated DMCA, They pick up keywords and sent the letters to webmasters,etc

Lmao, and they even try to scare you into transferring domain and paying, bahahaha.

If you are in the US or your server a DCMA would apply and you should react. Otherwise the DCMA does not apply in the first place. If it is a serious issue for you though you might want to consult a lawyer.
    ?? sitemeer.com ? 1-Click Uptime & Availability Check
    ?? The meerkat for your website

Godaddy? Never!

Website's:
    CarAudioChat.com BneHost.com Droid-Me.com
    I would just remove to copywritten content.

Get Your Android On And Win A Free VPS - http://droid-me.com

Website's:
    sexybabess.info
    Just remove the content in question and be done with it no more worries

Website's:
    XenMoney.com DGXForum.com
    If your website is not listed in search engines and never had links everywhere, then it is simply a scam letter, i suggest you try to reply to the foxip@fox.com from newly created email and see if the mail is legit or bounce back, another great idea is to track the header email of the sender to see is it really comes from fox.com.

hope it helps

kind regards

xeniux

The (DMCA) is a US copyright law but in which countries is this DMCA allowed to operate, worldwide ?? And it's legal to host on a server who don't apply DMCA ..?

Make them fill out paperwork with legal info that identifies them as the owner of the content otherwise it is fluff.

Website's:
    IwebHostu.com Realitykings.com UseNext.com
    Colombia Pictures, Sony (Worldwide all shit), Twentieth Century Fox, WB, MGM, Lions Gate, Imagine Pictures, Stage 6, Bad Robot, Relience Network Production = These all USA's top most companies. You can say simply stay away from them if you are not using - Real DMCA Ignored Servers (NL Servers are not DMCA Protected servers either) or you not from India, Pakistan, Australia, Saudi Arabia or Egypt. Otherwise these guys will find you and F*k you.
    Your site Down? You deserve it! You must be fall for any cheap Offer. Must Read the Rules - I love KWWH

Thread Information