Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
6845 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Website's:
    ReckonsTeam.com

Default vBulletin Weired

Hi people, I have vBulletin v4.1 installed as my forum. The problem is its updating anything properly, say I have one new pm then i have read it but then too its showing as unread on main page and read in other pages. The second problem is whatever users are doing are not updated in Who is Onine page.
    MR.KiDO Reviewed by MR.KiDO on . vBulletin Weired Hi people, I have vBulletin v4.1 installed as my forum. The problem is its updating anything properly, say I have one new pm then i have read it but then too its showing as unread on main page and read in other pages. The second problem is whatever users are doing are not updated in Who is Onine page. Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

Website's:
    awfuck.it
    Did you recently upload a back-up of your database?
    The new PM problem is based on PM. You may have downloaded a copy of the database while you got a new PM and it's saying you have 1 unread but the DB isn't showing a new PM. Just snoop around the DB for this.. I think it's in `users` table.

When it comes to Who's Online, not quite sure as I've never had a problem with it but it might be the traffic on your site or the DB not updating it properly. You may have uploaded a database while everything is going on still.

-Tip: When backing up a database, 'close' the site with the maintenance message and say something like: "Backing up, be back online in 10 minutes" or something like that. Then you won't ever run into any of these problems. BUT I may be wrong about the Who's Online one.
    "People that walk, need to learn how to sound like a book from the age of movies that has routers, then you can change the wall color, if you truly believe in food."
    - el_jentel1 (Link to quote)
    I love esotorisk and st0ne <3
    http://www.formspring.me/iamgodhimself - Ask me anything!

Website's:
    ReckonsTeam.com
    It was cache problem, I fixed it.

Thread Information