Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
62670 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Probation

Default Rapidshare -- totally confused

I really need help on this:

One month ago I started a Rapidshare account and bought 990 rapids. That activated my Rapidshare Pro account and over the last 30 days I used up most of the 990 rapids. After 30 days, the remaining Rapids lapsed, as I knew they would. Here is the problem:

The other day, I renew the account and buy another 990 Rapids. All goes well. Rapidshare says "Account topped up with 990 Rapids." But when I go to the account details, it turns out they credited me for 990 Rapids, and then immediately subtracted them! I wrote Rapidshare support for help but didn't hear back, hence this post (I even called their phone support number in Switzerland and was left on hold for over 5 minutes with a repeating message; it wasn't a Skype call so I hung up before it got too expensive).

Were the 990 Rapids I purchased merely to reactivate the Pro account for another 30 days, and then I'm supposed to buy *another* 990 Rapids? If that is the case, why when I started the account did the purchase of 990 Rapids get me the Pro account for 30 days AND 990 Rapids? I don't want to waste money on buying another 990 Rapids just to have it substracted immediately. Thanks very much for any clarifications you can offer.
    pop9362 Reviewed by pop9362 on . Rapidshare -- totally confused I really need help on this: One month ago I started a Rapidshare account and bought 990 rapids. That activated my Rapidshare Pro account and over the last 30 days I used up most of the 990 rapids. After 30 days, the remaining Rapids lapsed, as I knew they would. Here is the problem: The other day, I renew the account and buy another 990 Rapids. All goes well. Rapidshare says "Account topped up with 990 Rapids." But when I go to the account details, it turns out they credited me for Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

hold on
    they will reply back ur email soon

want to known 1 thing.
    your current account status? Normal or Pro?

I remember,in Rapidshare,if u have some rapid points(>=990) on ur account,then its automatically turned into Rapid Pro. No manually things are needed.
    .:x:=> We are Cursed by our Own Soul <=:x:.

JGM
    Purchasing 990 rapids will grant you premium access to Rapidshare for 1 month (Rapid Pro), purchasing a further 990 Rapids will give you another month once your current one has run out. The account will automatically extend for you and you should receive an email stating that this has occurred.

All Rapidshare have done is given you 990 Rapids for which you had paid then used them to extend the account as described above.

JGM.

•     
    yes there is no manual extension wait 30 days for another 30 days extension

•     
    Probation
    Thanks for the replies, guys, although I still don't get it.

Just logged into my account. It says "RapidPro Active" and "0 Rapids."

So the 990 Rapids I purchased today merely reactivated the account, and then I purchase another 990 Rapids to download? That makes it kind of expensive.

What confuses me is when I created the account a month ago, the 990 Rapids activated the account ("RapidPro") AND let me use up the 990 Rapids for downloads. This time, when I purchased another 990 Rapids, they all went to just reactivating the account back to "Pro" status? I swear the other services are not this confusing!

Sorry, still baffled, and I've read all of Rapidshare's FAQ's.

•     
    rapids are not "used up for download" downloads are unlimited. 990 rapids buys you 30 days of premium when you purchase another 30 days costing 990 you will now have 60 days of premium and a balance of 0

if you buy rapids before your current account runs out you will see 990 as your balance and those rapids will be used automaticly to extend your account for another 30 days when your existing account expires

•     
    Probation
    Thanks everyone, and especially EliOt. So even though it said 0 Rapids were available, the account was good to go all along! I just enabled premium Rapidshare in JDownloader and everything came *rushing* down. I really had a hard time with the Rapidshare concept. Oh, wow, I'm glad that's behind me. You guys are great, thanks again.

• Thread Information