Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
63747 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Why u all answering like dumb bitches
    OP just park the new domain on the old one

2.   Sponsored Links

Respected Member
    I would suggest for your thinking it would be best to have the 2 hosts instead of 2 duplicate sites trying to keep in sync, use one host as the database server and file backups until the other is terminated or just goes down long term. Then just use the domain registrar to forward from the active host to the database host after setting the database host active.

This way you have a second site that really has no activity but a redirect back to the original site and the database. This site would never be terminated as it does not have any known activity by either host.

You would only need to backup the files from the site when you make changes or updates.
    I would also backup the database at least night and ftp/rsync the database the main site nightly using cron jobs.

Why go through all that trouble?

Why not just use htaccess redirect from .info to .com and have a cron job to auto back up your site to dropbox or any other service and if one domains get seized (or if the server has a problem), you can just use a back up and restore to another host.

Super busy. I have to forward this email to 20 people in 5 minutes or else a ghost will visit me tonight and my room is a mess

You could use an iframe on one to conceal the other one. Like have .com has the main site and when you go to .info it will show the .com site in an iframe. Alternatively, you could use a CNAME record to do this.

Banned
    You could do this using 3 hosts:

Host 1: Database
    Host 2: Site 1
    Host 3: Site 2

Both sites would run from the exact database because instead of localhost in the DB config files you would put the server IP address of the host that has your DB.

Just make sure all 3 are on different hosts, not the same one if your trying to avoid downtime at all costs, put the database on a very trusted host onshore or w.e. but the sites on NL shared or w.e that way there is a very small chance of the DB going down but if the sites go down you can quickly use the other.

Make sense?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information