Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
6978 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Lightbulb Can you solve this puzzle ? (Solution revealed)

Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. We are tonight's entertainment, i only have one question: "how did he solve the puzzle ??"

First the rules:
    No google, no youtube, bing or what soever.
    This puzzle doesn't need any sort of knowledge about probabilities or mathematics, it is only about LOGIC, and that's why i love it so much, just think logically and be patient, the answer is quite tricky.

The puzzle:
    We have 3 prisoners, and there is a decision about letting one of them go free, since it's not fair to leave it to chance, we've come out with an idea: We show the 3 prisoners 5 hats, 3 of them are white, and the other 2 are black.
    we put a hat on each one's head, the prisoners now can see each other's hat but they can't see their own hat.
    we give them one chance to guess their own hat's color, the first one to guess his color right will be freed, but he has to explain how he got it, if he just got it by chance or if he was wrong the prisoner will get 3 more years of prison.
    After quite long time, one of them got an idea and he guessed his own color right !
    His only clue was that he could see 2 whites on the 2 other prisoners, yet he could never see his own color.
    So how did he do it ?

Remember :
    - No googling, just try to solve it by yourself.
    - This is NOT a problem of probabilities, it's just about LOGIC.
    - Kindly if you already know this puzzle leave the chance to the others, this is a modified version of the 3 prisoners puzzle, the original one is just mathematics, this one it just a matter of logic.

Good luck

*====================================*

If you couldn't solve it, here's some clues to guide you:
    here

If even with the hints you couln't solve it, here's the complete solution, hope you enjoyed the game.
    here
    ilyacine Reviewed by ilyacine on . Can you solve this puzzle ? Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. We are tonight's entertainment, i only have one question: "how did he solve the puzzle ??" First the rules: No google, no youtube, bing :P or what soever. This puzzle doesn't need any sort of knowledge about probabilities or mathematics, it is only about LOGIC, and that's why i love it so much, just think logically and be patient, the answer is quite tricky. The puzzle: We have 3 prisoners, and there is a decision about letting one of them go free, Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

Teh GFX Whore! ^.^
    Reserved post. Started solving.

Edit. aah wait. I remember this problem. This is just a variant of the earlier one.

I joined KWWHunction before it was cool!
    My "AWESOME" Graphic designing Service

good 1 @op

that freed prisoner can ask others prisoner about whether their hats color matching or not?
    .:x:=> We are Cursed by our Own Soul <=:x:.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitish View Post
    Edit. aah wait. I remember this problem. This is just a variant of the earlier one.
    So, do you still remember the solution ?

---------- Post added at 09:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by sohom View Post
    good 1 @op

that freed prisoner can ask others prisoner about whether their hats color matching or not?
    No one will answer no one, they're all trying to get out, so any further information they give increases the chance of the asker solving the problem.

How did he do it
    cuz there were 5 hats 3 white and 2 black according to the puzzle. The two black hats wernt used so the prisoner just made a lucky guess.that maybe his hat was also white as there were 3 white hats

^^Nice try but nope
    if he just got it by chance or if he was wrong the prisoner will get 3 more years of prison.
    He had to explain how he got it, otherwise he'll spent 3 more years in prison.

ψ(`∇?)ψ
    5 hats
    3 white
    2 black
    -------
    2 white used
    ------------
    left
    1 white
    2 black

hm, he will look which hats left over

could not @cvrle77
    I dont aspect other two remaining prisoners are too much DUMB
    .:x:=> We are Cursed by our Own Soul <=:x:.

ψ(`∇?)ψ
    Well, either story isn't told correctly, or there is no chance to say the solution, without including the highest probablility factor.

If none of them tried to guess loud, or he couldn't see remaining hats, there is no LOGICAL solution, except probability, where there's a chance of 2:1 that he's wearing black hat.

Lol, certainly not.
    Actually the key is in this sentence:
    After quite long time, one of them got an idea and he guessed his own color right !

---------- Post added at 10:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by cvrle77 View Post
    Well, either story isn't told correctly, or there is no chance to say the solution, without including the highest probablility factor.

If none of them tried to guess loud, or he couldn't see remaining hats, there is no LOGICAL solution, except probability, where there's a chance of 2:1 that he's wearing black hat.
    Yes, there is a logical solution, actually even if they didn't guess out loud he could know what they're thinking/guessing, and here i revealed 50% of the solution

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information