Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
62362 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ServerDeals View Post
    People would just stop making stuff. Whats the point of making a new action flick for millions of dollars if you will not make back your investment? Why would a artist tour to promote a album that isn't going to sale? I know uploaders will not care about these two facts, but if things like this happen. Better be ready to watch dogs getting chased in backyards on home video before you see a Ironman 3. Its natural economics. If it doesn't work...Stop using the model.

Plus I enjoy taking girls too the movies What am I going to do then? Try and convince them to come back to the house?
    Actually most musicians dont really tour to promote their cds its more of a promotion to the group/band/artist. Yes people are likely to purchase a CD because of the concert but in most cases they either already have the cd, dont need it, and are their for the live experience. If this happens they wont quit making music or movies because there will always be people that go to the theaters to watch it for the experience and bands will do probably twice as many live shows to make up for it. Speaking of that chances are there will be a boost in amounts of music and movies and an increase in the amount of cds or albums created to make up for the decline in cd sales. Sure it could go either way but it wont. Real musicians will still produce music and actors who dont wanna do anything else will just try to be in more movies. Basically movies will have to be better, and live shows will have to be twice as good. if you are a crappy actor or a shitty musician... C-yA!

---------- Post added at 01:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by cvrle77 View Post
    I can't disagree more.
    There's tons of artists giving their music for free, because that's how it supposed to be. Music is art. I will live without exploiters, and parasites.
    Also, TONS of artists can't make better movies with better scripts, because of monopoly some people have on making movies.

There would be no uploaders, if all stuff is free. Movies and music would be FAR better.
    Economics is not natural thing. It's invented, to enslave you. If you don't know nothing about economy, it's not worth discussion. Luckily you are not running any country.
    Very well said my friend... Very well said!

2.   Sponsored Links

Quote Originally Posted by cvrle77 View Post
    LMFAO: if there is no copyright, there will be no creation

Are you SERIOUSLY serious? What do you think there was, before copyright law? We had no art? We had an art in it's pure form. What you see now is commercialization, and has nothing to do with creativity, or art, for that matter.

When you create something for free, no one will 'steal' it because it's free. Who stole firefox? How did it managed to survive all these years? Who stole Open Office? Who stole Linux? And there is nothing bad if you improve something to perfection, or have ability to change something to suit your needs, or taste and not being scared to go to jail because of that.

Sole purpose of copyright is to rip you off your money, and stop creation spirit. Because, you can't modify it. You can't make it better. You can only buy original crap. Artist makes only max 10% from sales, that is like $4 per sold CD with price tag of $40. Cost of that CD per CD to be made is $5/100.000 sold copies. rest is pure profit that someone showed up his ass.

Creation is spirit, form of expression, vision, sense, you don't need money for that. Money is bad motivator, it's already scientifically proved.

Here's the example of that: creation of CPUs.

At the time dual core CPUs were out, creators already had technology to develop CPUs far more than you are currently able to buy. But, they won't sell you 64/128 core CPU today, because they can slowly rip you off your money through years. THAT is economy, and THAT is slowing down progress. Because of copyright.

You are not buying the most quality stuff. Puma almost got closed because of that, 25-30 years ago they made shoes that could last for a decade. They almost got broke because once you buy their shoes, they don't see you for a decade. So, instead of having best, we have worst, overpriced stuff, wasting resources, because that's the way you make more profit.

I say, fuck that.

What about resources, pollution, future generation that will live in mountains of trash we made? My kids and grandkids, your too, are supposed to live in a future WE built.
    Lemme quote
    Copyright is "the right to copy", but also gives the copyright holder the right to be credited for the work, to determine who may adapt the work to other forms, who may perform the work, who may financially benefit from it, and other related rights.
    from wikipedia
    Clearly,if there was no copyright, i would be developing a new browser named "waterhorse", from the source of firefox, and firefox could not make me shut it down, or claim that i am using their code. on the contrary , i would be saying in my website that firefox stole my original code. and since i am doing this from the time of firefox's start, most people would be confused,as the new releases would be almost similar.

and ultimately firefox will have no option than to either secure their source code or shut down further development. both will defeat the whole purpose.

you cannot force a creator to freely share his work, neither can you force him to NOT share his work for free.
    Whoever shares his work for free, its good, but who sell their stuff, its not bad .

I have always been a supporter of more freedom on internet, but a totally free internet would be a nightmare.
    Let me again quote our uncle Ben Parker,
    Internet has great power,and "with great power comes great responsibility."

That too reminds me about the fact in copyright free world, i have my own comics company named "Marvelous" (i can even name it marvel, since there is no copyright) , and the new issue of "Revengers" is out.

also, i am not so much sure about the dual core thing you mentioned, but competition is a solution for such things, if there is no monopoly in market, there will not be such cases.

ψ(`∇?)ψ
    You can't steal firefox code, and claim it's yours, because yourself wouldn't have any copyright. And ofc there's more than one version of firefox out there, modifications, etc. It's free to be modified, and you don't pay for it ffs. Did they shut down their development? No they didn't, your argument failed.

All Mozilla software is open source and free software. This means that it is not only available for download free of charge, but you have access to the source code and may modify and redistribute our software subject to certain restrictions.
    They are keeping the right on their trademark. Note the difference between the trademark, and patent copyright.
    When you put a copyright on a song, or a movie, no one can use any part of it, watch it free, modify it, or do anything else, than pay, and watch/listen in a closed box. You are not even allowed to sing it, and make a video, it cannot go in background of your video, while your are recording something completely irrelevant even.

That too reminds me about the fact in copyright free world, i have my own comics company named "Marvelous" (i can even name it marvel, since there is no copyright) , and the new issue of "Revengers" is out.
    WTF do you see bad in that? How's it bad to stimulate someone's creativity? That only motivates original creator to make things better, or be replaced. It's called freedom. I can modify your product, and make it better, and offer it for free to others. Where is the bad thing in that? Whle you are looking at the benefit of minority, I am looking at benefits of entire population, in every aspect.

also, i am not so much sure about the dual core thing you mentioned, but competition is a solution for such things, if there is no monopoly in market, there will not be such cases.
    Well, I am, and about which competition we are talking when there's 3 main companies on the market developing CPUs (IBM,Intel,AMD), and holding the monopoly over it?? They make internal deals, and all profit from that. They are buying other small companies, and kill them, because they develop too fast. Best example of this is 3dfx Interactive, that had fastest GPU in their time of existence, got bought off by NVidia, and their project got shut down completely because of the bankruptcy. If there's 100s of CPU makers, things would probably be different. Exactly same thing is happening with every small company, they are either being killed by big dogs, or eaten by them.

cvrle77 is one of the few liberal minds out there , not enslaved and can see the real side of things
    Thumbs up for trying to make these guys realise the truth
    Helping people is my hobby.....
    Learn how to secure your server against ddos

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information