Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
62509 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Default Help choosing a payment gateway for business

Hi all, I am wondering what is a good and more importantly, secure payment gateway I can use for a business in Ecuador to process credit/debit cards. This payment gateway must be easy to connect with the bank account located in Ecuador, by this I mean that there must be an easy way to transfer the money from the gateway to the bank with as little hassle as possible. Most importantly, it must be secured enough that if credit cards or debit cards dont have funds, they will get rejected and the account wont get frozen. Also, it must be able to process over 50,000 USD a week without getting frozen.

The business is a travel agency type of thing that markets hotels, receives the payments from the customers and then takes a cut, but they will be processing around 50k a week. They are an established business with documents to prove it in Ecuador, but they heard the horror stories of Paypal, so they are looking for a payment provider that isnt as strict as they are and that wont freeze their account since this will make them lose face and could potentially ruin their company.

Any advice is appreciated. If you have experience in this, it would be great to know what steps you took in getting an account, such as papers you needed to display, etc... Thank you.
    Jentai Reviewed by Jentai on . Help choosing a payment gateway for business Hi all, I am wondering what is a good and more importantly, secure payment gateway I can use for a business in Ecuador to process credit/debit cards. This payment gateway must be easy to connect with the bank account located in Ecuador, by this I mean that there must be an easy way to transfer the money from the gateway to the bank with as little hassle as possible. Most importantly, it must be secured enough that if credit cards or debit cards dont have funds, they will get rejected and the Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

PayPal?

They dont want to use Paypal. They are afraid that their account might get frozen for the amount of money that passes through it. They dont want to risk it, that was the first thing I offered. They also dont have a US account to use with Paypal.

Respected Member
    2Checkout, CCavenue. - the best IMO

Travel agencies fall under a High-Risk category for processing, you'll need to find an iPSP willing to work with you or either get a direct merchant account via a bank in Ecuador which is probably the best solution for you since you want the funds hassle free into an Ecuadorian bank account.

Although bank wire transfer is the norm and all processors will be able to pay into your account via it.

Accounts for reputable companies do not simply get frozen without reason. For example, the card associations impose a strict chargeback ratio that you need to stay under to continue accepting transactions via them, usually 1-2% of total volume.

If you go over this a few times then they will instruct the bank to discontinue processing for you and lock funds for a period of time so they can cover all possible pending chargebacks, refunds etc.

So you're going to need a processor, bank or your own very good anti-fraud screening system, plus very good customer service to handle things before it ever does get to that.

PayPal is strict for a reason, just FYI. They're at more risk than direct billers.

So, give all the local banks a call and arrange an appointment.

You're going to need all incorporation documents, documents on all company directors, processing history, business plan, customer support policy, refund policy, terms and conditions etc. I think you get the idea.

Thread Information