Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
63118 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Threats from Brien to my webhost

I was just notified by my web host that they received a letter from a company called Brien(a company that fights copyright infringement), in the Netherlands, in which is the same country that my site Potlocker.net is hosted, and they said that Brien is asking for 2000 Euros for legal consultation for the lawsuit they filed, and at the moment my site is still running, but they said they are forced to remove my site because of this. I was wondering if I host it in Netherlands with a different company, Brien will just send out a letter to them too, or something? Would I escape there power if I host Potlocker.net in another country and what country or web-host would you recommend. Surly there must be an option so that I can keep the site alive.
    chadwickb4 Reviewed by chadwickb4 on . Threats from Brien to my webhost I was just notified by my web host that they received a letter from a company called Brien(a company that fights copyright infringement), in the Netherlands, in which is the same country that my site Potlocker.net is hosted, and they said that Brien is asking for 2000 Euros for legal consultation for the lawsuit they filed, and at the moment my site is still running, but they said they are forced to remove my site because of this. I was wondering if I host it in Netherlands with a different Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

Retired NinJa
    Website's:
    loledhard.com
    ah you should now stop using NL for your site hosting bcoz BREIN would send notice to new hoster as well (if it is not auto msg) & one of the hoster might give out ur private info like IP. better buy hosting from russia. I cant say if Russia is totally safe or something but atleast better than NL & best till u get another notice by russian authority.

You don't hate Justin bieber.You hate the fact you ain't Justin Bieber!

Russia would be fine. Though if you went with a RBN company that sits in the Netherlands they would require a court order before removing your site. Though it is best to be safe. If you can't find a good Russian host maybe aim for Hong Kong.

Edit: Just seen your with Altushost ... Ask for a copy of the letter if possible. I doubt Brien is asking for money from you to take you to court. That's BS, if they took you to court there would be a filing asking for damages for their court fee's. Not a pre trial payment.

Yes BREIN is pretty hard to deal with especially when it's in their own territory.

Move your site to another location.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by VuVu View Post
    Russia would be fine. Though if you went with a RBN company that sits in the Netherlands they would require a court order before removing your site. Though it is best to be safe. If you can't find a good Russian host maybe aim for Hong Kong.

Edit: Just seen your with Altushost ... Ask for a copy of the letter if possible. I doubt Brien is asking for money from you to take you to court. That's BS, if they took you to court there would be a filing asking for damages for their court fee's. Not a pre trial payment.
    You must have heard everything is allowed in Russia from another ignorant user. Russia has some of the strongest anti-privacy laws around now.

Thanks for the help, if anyone is curious here is the copy of the email I got from Altushost.

Hi,

Your last issue solved yesterday.

We're involved with a new problem with the site.

Brien got power of court to act world wide. This time they are acting against website http://potlocker.net due to unauthorized use of entertainment content.

They are treating with lawsuit and asking for over 2000EUR for legal consultation regarding this issue. So Unfortunately, we are obliged to remove your site.

Our techs will send your full backup asap!

so they are saying that Brien can act Worldwide and there is no hiding from them?

Ask them for a copy of the ACTUAL letter, not that bullshit their telling you.

ask for it from Brien or the host? I actually did get a threatening email from Brien a few months ago but I asked the web host if I should take it seriously or just ignore it, and they said just ignore it, so I have no reason to believe the web host is lieing to me about this.

Website's:
    StudentSharez.com
    Your website ip from Luxembourg : http://whois.domaintools.com/37.46.114.19
    Anyway, move to Germany, Switzerland , UK (few allow it) , Panama , Russia or Canada . Just ask the provider before moving to it.
    Offshore-host.blogspot.com - List of DMCA flexible webhosts.
    StudentSharez.com - Medical ebooks and lectures.

Website's:
    CarAudioChat.com BneHost.com Droid-Me.com
    I would contact Brien about this. Don't bring any attention to your website when you contact them though. I would simply ask them if they have recently contacted your host with any DMCA letters. I see a few people hinting at this, but never really came out and said this. Is there a possibility that they didn't send any letter at all?

Get Your Android On And Win A Free VPS - http://droid-me.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information