Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
62513 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default how much resources such a site will need ?

Hello,
    my friend is moving his site but since he is tight on money he wants to know how much server resources he will actually need for his website (does want to waste money). i mean how much Ram, number of cores and such to run smoothly but not overkilling. please mention VPS or ded server as well.

Site traffic : 20000-30000 vis/day (Wordpress based)
    about 5000 indexed post.

plugin: 15

if you need any other info just let me know so that i ask him asap.

thanks in advance !
    luches Reviewed by luches on . how much resources such a site will need ? Hello, my friend is moving his site but since he is tight on money he wants to know how much server resources he will actually need for his website (does want to waste money). i mean how much Ram, number of cores and such to run smoothly but not overkilling. please mention VPS or ded server as well. Site traffic : 20000-30000 vis/day (Wordpress based) about 5000 indexed post. plugin: 15 if you need any other info just let me know so that i ask him asap. Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

Website's:
    StudentSharez.com
    What is his current webhost plan? VPS or dedi?
    Offshore-host.blogspot.com - List of DMCA flexible webhosts.
    StudentSharez.com - Medical ebooks and lectures.

he used to be on a dedicated plan ( E3 1230 + 8GB Ram) but it costed him 200 Euro/ month and he want to cut the expenses and he also says that the dedi was way overkill . he want to know if he can get way with a VDS or anything cheaper and still run the site smoothly . he is no expert about the needed resources and neither am i to help him.

A VPS should do.

spec please . what he should get ? will a quad core + 4 GB ram do the job ?

Should be more than able to handle his requirement (could be a little overkill too). If he needs recommendation, I would suggest KnownSRV. They're good will provide good consultation for his need.

Banned

Smile Depends

It all depends on a lot

Your husband is running a site hitting 20k-30k hits per day

Is that unique hits?

Other thing is

Is your husband running any Video's from the site?

Ask your husband to get the information

Your wordpress Administration stats should have it

Get how many mb your site is currently running on?

aka FTP size? i guess that should help him if he is computer illiterate.

How many mb's are your Daily Visitors hitting?

How big is your database? Depending on how big it is could also lead to other factors - Does your site allow people to register accounts?

If so then you will also have to modify your apache/mysql ( Im assuming your husband was on a Shared server in which this is information you need to know about )

Depending on the specs you get due to low income you need to look into how to Optimize your MSQL database - look up mysql db editing /etc/my.cnf

Lets say your hitting 20k Hits per day not unique

Your on a shared server 9 * out of 10 its gonna be a good spec anyways

You wont notice the differnece

When your on your own - you got the server all to your self

1gb Ram - 500 GB HDD - Duel Core processor

And can go up more varying your Traffic Change

Thats what i would start off if i was you - and from that you can run multiple diagnostics on Memory Performance to see if you either need to increase or decrease ( Saving Money )

stop with the husband part man, got shivers
    i got the info:
    1- its 30000 total visitors (15000 unique)
    2. he is not running any video streaming on site (apparently its just a download site)
    3. the used HDD space is about 2GB since he does not host anything anything on the server. the daily bandwidth usage ranges from 30GB-40GB he says.
    4.he does not use FTP (dont need it)
    5. DB is about 500-600 MB - its just a site for indexing links apparently, so no registration he says.

ok now with all these info what kind plan would be enough for him? i appreciate you help BTW !

um... any helpful guidance here ? i asked him all information you wanted. what kind of server spec is enough for him ?

Website's:
    StudentSharez.com
    Hello,
    You have 2 options: either start with VPS with the following specifications (2-4GB ram, CPU 4 cores, 2TB bandwidth) , or try to buy dedicated server from German provider, there are many cheap providers there.
    Offshore-host.blogspot.com - List of DMCA flexible webhosts.
    StudentSharez.com - Medical ebooks and lectures.

VPS would surely do the trick. Specifications depend on your traffic and plugins. Make sure to use some cache plugin such as W3 Total Cache(recommended!) though.
    KnownSRV.com - Quality comes at a price, and we provide it at affordable prices.
    PayPal, Skrill(MoneyBookers), Payza(AlertPay), 2CheckOut and LibertyReserve accepted!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information