Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
62953 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Default Review: GeekFreaks.net

Geek Freaks is a brand new tech forum designed for users to have a relaxed environment while
    discussing everything and anything tech with other users.

The forum was launched yesterday, and as you can see is pretty blank at this point.

Over the next day or so, I will be filling in different forum areas, posting some HQ threads to encourage activity, completing all my SEO work, and starting the advertising to attract members.

Please leave your comments, and critiques below. There are 50 million forums out there, in order to stick out you really need to work hard, I hope you find that evident in my forum.
    http://geekfreaks.net

Best regards
    Crash Reviewed by Crash on . Review: GeekFreaks.net http://geekfreaks.net/forum/images/styles/socialize/style/logo.png Geek Freaks is a brand new tech forum designed for users to have a relaxed environment while discussing everything and anything tech with other users. The forum was launched yesterday, and as you can see is pretty blank at this point. Over the next day or so, I will be filling in different forum areas, posting some HQ threads to encourage activity, completing all my SEO work, and starting the advertising to attract Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

Your Forum look Nice

Website's:
    Webhosting-land.com
    You got a great forum going there. Love that logo as well. Wish you luck in getting the forum successful. A trick I used on a forum before was creating some fake accounts and posting and replying to topics with them.

I know it feels weird to talk to yourself. But even Lisa on websitebabble.com did it. xd.

Chad
    Webhosting-land.com
    Quality shared hosting on non oversold servers. 24/7 365 support. 99.9% up time 30 Day money back Guarantee. Softaculous Use code (KWWHunction) to get $2.00 off first month on any plan.

Respected Member
    1. Ripped logo from shaboopie.com , If you are serious on creating a website, go get an original one., or atleast simple text.
    2. A standard vB theme, nothing new.
    3. Why is the shoutbox open for the public, besides it doesn't even load for me. don't know whether its only for me or for everyone http://i.imgur.com/yoLVP.png
    4. You just launched this site, and have a donate button already? Come on dude. First get some traffic.
    5. Honestly, apart from the logo, there's nothing to review on your site, as you have just installed vB, a standard theme, and a ripped logo.

My suggestions:
    Do some modifications on your theme, get custom forum icons, get a new logo, remove shoutbox for public, remove donation option.

Regards

1. The logo a buddy told me he got off a tutorial site so not surprised on that.

2. The theme was purchased, is there anything you would suggest changing? Most of the users seem to like it, but every webmaster seems to hate it.

3. Chatbox should be fully functioning, I was experimenting with different commands. Didn't realize it was open to the public, nice catch!

4. Donation is not meant to be up and running, just wanted to test the system to make sure it's working. Money is not a problem for the site, it was going to be more of a paid subscription. That won't be setup until a larger userbase obviously though.

5. Thanks for the honest review and the tips, this is my first time hosting in around 2 years so a quite a few things have changed, getting back into the gist of things.

Nice black theme. Though i think it's TOO black in a way.
    Get a Favicon bro
    Also do something about the TOP Part of the forum. Compare yours with KWWHunction's, you'll know what i am talking about.
    Utilize space And get some posts
    You're going good i think.

Too busy :|
    Website's:
    L337Fx.com BeastieBay.net
    Your logo looks good, I liked it

Your theme is just plain simple vB theme, nothing special about it. Now, you need to modify it so that it can stand out the best from the rest.

Favicon ?

Fill it with unique content and not any copy/paste shit.

The area above the logo is too much. Reduce it as its useless.
    http://i.imgur.com/MJ5Ob.png

Thread Information