Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
61987 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Website's:
    imgload.us hq-released.com

Default Review: Thavinces-moviebox.com

Hey Guys pls review my Movie Blog

German & English MovieStuff

www.thavinces-moviebox.com
    devio Reviewed by devio on . Review: Thavinces-moviebox.com Hey Guys pls review my Movie Blog ;) German & English MovieStuff www.thavinces-moviebox.com Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

I like your approach, the design tries to differenciate itself from the websites of the same category.
    Still there are some details which, in my opinion, make the website look a bit like a template.

1) The logo - it looks too overdone and somehow sloppy. The grandients and the pixelated border look bad and the icon on the left is like a sign saying 'Hey, I just downloaded this from the internet and had it pasted here';

2) The gap between the header and the 'Latest Uploads' bar - I like the fact that there is a separation between those areas, but the way the gap is styled makes it look like a CSS bug. Maybe you should make it more solid or remove it;

3) The footer - the white area looks too empty. It's good to give elements space to breathe, but not this way, I think. Why don't you push down the copyright line and the links and use that free space to put your logo above them?

I like the way your website lists the movies, but what about using part of its white space?
    Like this: http://i.imgur.com/v3pXM.jpg

And that's it, good luck!

EDIT: The favicon is missing.

Too busy :|
    Website's:
    L337Fx.com BeastieBay.net
    Your title is not that good, if you can clean it a bit, that'd be good.

Make it something like
    Thavinces MovieBox - Your Online Movie Store

That "Download" tag can be made into a button sort of and moved below the IMDb green box
    http://i.imgur.com/ZJ4pB.png

Your header section has ample width. Use it
    Make a new header/logo which stretches out full. It can be something on an abstract background with your website's name written over it in Yellow+Silver colour.

The latest upload marquee is fine, but if you want to attract people to click on it, then use must have an image instead of text.
    Use any of the freely available jQuery Carousel to achieve what I'm trying to say

Order By Date & Order by Descending
    This feature is fantastic, I liked it But the area to the right of it is empty. Maybe you could add a Facebook like button along with twitter button & Google+ button.

The facebook icon in the navbar isn't very bright, change its colour to a lighter shade so that it can catch the eyes.

Favicon

Thread Information