Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
61259 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    of course not
    I was just pointing out the fact that sometimes piracy does have a positive aspect
    Machar Reviewed by Machar on . Piracy isn?t THAT bad and they know it Just came across an old article on RLSLOG from its owner which seemed to be quite interesting: I received a very pleasant mail today. My inbox is usually full of stupid cease & desist messages from various antipiracy organizations, but it’s mails like this one which make you happy. It’s good to see that some people realize that internet piracy isn’t just evil… To Whom It May Concern: My name is Eric D. Wilkinson and I am the producer of a small independent film called “Jerome Bixby’s The Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

Banned
    Website's:
    XmasPresent4Me.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Machar View Post
    of course not
    I was just pointing out the fact that sometimes piracy does have a positive aspect

Believe it or not there are some that say American DTH DBS provider Directv used the business model of piracy to increase their market share to #1. They did this by making it easy to hack an activated access card requiring viewers to purchase and maintain a low level subscription before they could "Open" the card and apply extra tiers using commonly available practices from the internet community.

Of course after they assumed majority share of the market they introduced a much higher level of security forcing all but a few to purchase a full subscription to view their desired programming.

Thread Information