Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
6846 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default RapidShare - New Sharing Limits

Today RapidShare announced a revamped version of its cloud based storage service. At the core of the new strategy is a revised traffic management model, which imposes a daily outbound traffic limit from RapidShare accounts. The limit on this public traffic generated by a single account will be 1 GB/day for free users and 30 GB/day for RapidPro users. Public traffic is traffic generated through download links that have been made publicly available online.
    Traffic generated by files in a shared folder accessible by only selected contacts and not by the public remains unlimited. This means, you can upload and download any files of any size on your own account or share files with a group of people from your contact list by using shared folders without any limitation.
    The download limit for free users has already ended. The new model will come into full effect on November 27th and will cause no change to the current monthly rate for a RapidPro account.

If you have any questions regarding this change, please do not hesitate to contact our Support Staff via [email protected]!
    Free users - 1gb/day
    RapidPro - 30gb/day
    Qoo Reviewed by Qoo on . RapidShare - New Sharing Limits Free users - 1gb/day RapidPro - 30gb/day Rating: 5

Super busy. I have to forward this email to 20 people in 5 minutes or else a ghost will visit me tonight and my room is a mess

2.   Sponsored Links

rs sucks already who cares

at last rapidshare added daily download leech limit to stop sucking

Well, RS has to do something to survive in the market.
    So, Blocking extra servers usage is a good move to save money. It's kinda like the Old Limited bandwidth Pro plans.

Website's:
    epicimagehost.com
    Dont care. I think it's fair.
    I'm happy I can download my own files without limits.
    30GB is plenty if you're not a server.
    1GB for free users does seem a bit low considering they can't download ANY 720p rips or 2CD rips.

720p comes in 550MB to 700MB in excellent quality
    Rippers are Shaanig & ID4L
    .:x:=> We are Cursed by our Own Soul <=:x:.

This makes RS almost unusable. And many people won't buy a RapidPro account as it can be locked at anytime.

I guess you can download your own files as many times as you want. Only sharing with others will be limited by this bandwidth limit.

I don't use too much nowadays anyway plus downloading own files are still unlimited.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information