Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
6890 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Probation

Default Wordpress make directory error

Hello,

Apologies for posting so quickly, but I've tried researching several other forums, contacted the hosting company, and contacted the infrastructure department of the client firm with no resolution to the issue.

I had to migrate the client's domain to a new host on 10/28. Actually, they were already being hosted there, the nameservers were just still incorrectly pointed to those of the registrar, causing DNS resolution issues.

Since that time, I have been unable to make any type of edit in the Wordpress dashboard. The most common error would be simply adding a plugin. When I attempt this through the dashboard, I receive the following error.

Downloading install package from http://downloads.wordpress.org/plugi...ight.0.18.zip?
    Unpacking the package?
    Installing the plugin?
    Could not create directory. /home/sitename/public_html/wp-content/plugins/image-pro-wordpress-image-media-management-and-resizing-done-right/
    Plugin install failed.
    Return to Plugin Installer

I have tried uploading manually via FTP with the same result. The hosting company assures me the file attributes should not prohibit such action.

I'm running out of ideas.

Thanks very much for any direction or advice.

Sincerely

andreaehoward Reviewed by andreaehoward on . Wordpress make directory error Hello, Apologies for posting so quickly, but I've tried researching several other forums, contacted the hosting company, and contacted the infrastructure department of the client firm with no resolution to the issue. I had to migrate the client's domain to a new host on 10/28. Actually, they were already being hosted there, the nameservers were just still incorrectly pointed to those of the registrar, causing DNS resolution issues. Since that time, I have been unable to make any type Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

Website's:
    deutsche-doujins.to
    shared- or vps-hosting?

have you really checked your file permissions?
    -> http://codex.wordpress.org/Changing_File_Permissions
    you can set them yourself with any FTP-Prog

moreover how do you ported the file to the new domain?
    habe you checked, that the files are owned by your ftp-user or www-user?

Probation
    Thank you very much, Wedge101. They have shared hosting with HostGator. Yes, I have checked the file permissions via FTP.

Not sure how to check if the files are owned by the WP user. Could you please elaborate?

Thanks again,

Website's:
    deutsche-doujins.to
    only heard of problems with hostgator

For WordPress on HostGator files need to have 644 and directories 755

the ownership of the WP-Files are only necessary if you had a VPS or a root.
    you can set the ownership e.g. to your root-user.
    that means, that (depending on der chmod) you're able to read the files, but now able to write s.th. in it or overwrite files.

but if i remember right you're able to install a new wordpress within your contro.-panel. Just use this, reupload your theme and reimport your database.

also see the hostgator-FAQ:
    http://support.hostgator.com/article...o-another-host

Probation

Default Thanks!

The file/directory permissions are correct. So, I will have to try your other solution. Will report back on the success/lack thereof for the benefit of the forum.

Best regards,

Thread Information