I had a friend on Facebook that I had known for about a year. I met her through a game and later added her on Facebook. And, later I found out that she had stolen another woman's identity from her Facebook page and was impersonating this woman. She had lured some guy into thinking she was that woman. I have no idea why people do these kind of things, other than for personal gain. Once she was exposed, she claimed that she was simply trying to maintain her own privacy and not reveal her true self. And, I guess people have their own reasons for doing things.

Did you ever meet someone on Facebook who had their identity stolen by another Facebook user? Or, did you have your image or identity stolen and used without your permission?
Bev Reviewed by Bev on . What is someone pretended to be you on Facebook? I had a friend on Facebook that I had known for about a year. I met her through a game and later added her on Facebook. And, later I found out that she had stolen another woman's identity from her Facebook page and was impersonating this woman. She had lured some guy into thinking she was that woman. I have no idea why people do these kind of things, other than for personal gain. Once she was exposed, she claimed that she was simply trying to maintain her own privacy and not reveal her Rating: 5