Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
62730 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Banned
    Website's:
    warezscene.org forum.warezscene.org

Default DownRevolution Shutdown

Italy's Guardia di Finanza has shut down forum site Downrevolution.net for offering links to pirated music, video and software hosted on popular filesharing sites.

Four people have been arrested for involvement in the site. According to a message posted to the domain, they face a criminal investigation.

Reports say that three of those arrested were children. Investigators seized 17 computers, three external hard disks and hundreds of CDs and DVDs from a basement in Sesto San Giovanni, near Milan.

The adult male arrested lived in nearby Paderno Dugnano. The children were residents of Puglia and Campania provinces.

A successful prosecution could carry jail terms of up to four years and fines and fees stretching to hundreds of thousands of Euros, Reuters reports.

The Italian prosecutor said 30,000 Downrevolution.net members were using the site to illegally trade files over Rapidshare.com and Megaupload.com. The site made money from banner advertising and accepted donations from users, it's alleged.

The Guardia di Finanzia is part of Italy's armed forces, and carries out accounting and intellectual property investigations on of the Ministry of Finance. Downrevolution.net had been targeted for takedown by FPM, the Italian record industry's anti-piracy arm.

"Locker" sites such as Megaupload and Rapidshare allow users to upload any file for free and distrubute a link for others to access it. Such services are increasingly popular with filesharers seeking to conserve their own upload bandwidth and avoid authorities' tighter scrutiny of peer-to-peer networks.

Last year British police arrested the operator of a site offering links to free streams of copyright video. He remains under investigation, as do the administrator and six users of OiNK.cd, a BitTorrent music tracker also raided last year. ?
    A member on WarezScene posted this.
    I've never heard of this site before to be honest - but;
    My view is that they were upto something far greater than sharing just MU/RS links.

I love the last part regarding TV-Links and OiNK.cd.
    In lamens terms "Under investigation, but we can't find a fucking thing wrong, so the case will just be thrown out".
    UltimA Reviewed by UltimA on . DownRevolution Shutdown A member on WarezScene posted this. I've never heard of this site before to be honest - but; My view is that they were upto something far greater than sharing just MU/RS links. I love the last part regarding TV-Links and OiNK.cd. In lamens terms "Under investigation, but we can't find a fucking thing wrong, so the case will just be thrown out". Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

Website's:
    ithangout.ro
    Investigators seized 17 computers, three external hard disks and hundreds of CDs and DVDs from a basement in Sesto San Giovanni, near Milan.
    I bet they were selling warez or hosting files on the server .... I am curious where were they hosted

I also don't know the site mentioned there and it also says hundreds of cds and dvds were discovered from there basement. lol in my country there is only one copyrighted software and that is Windows. I guess it is very hard for the warez webmasters to live in europe.

Website's:
    iGotMusic.org NitroRoms.com GamersFire.com
    Obviously it says right on the letter that, they were hosting it on their basement "17 servers" thats HUGE..

this is far beyond simple RS/MU links. There is something this article is not mentioning.

Also they still were hosting it themselves.. which is very dangerous.

It's either another hoster or its not. because this way you gain total responsibility of the content since its 100% your servers.

Yeah, it sounds like they were hosting warez on their server. Why else would you need 17 servers and external harddrives for a phpbb forum?

Banned
    Website's:
    Linked-Forum.com
    There main page looks scary now...

Website's:
    warezspark.com
    It would be great if someone could translate the downrevoultion's index page to english.
    Life is like a rape,if you can't escape it try enjoying it!

Banned
    Website's:
    warezscene.org forum.warezscene.org
    eh, roughly:

This website has been seized for violations of Articles 171-b (etc), and subsequent amendments. Case number 1122/08 was issued at the public court in Lodi.

Website's:
    warezspark.com
    Quote Originally Posted by UltimA View Post
    eh, roughly:

This website has been seized for violations of Articles 171-b (etc), and subsequent amendments. Case number 1122/08 was issued at the public court in Lodi.
    thx a lot.

I just hope laws don't change here in Asia...:zthir6:
    Life is like a rape,if you can't escape it try enjoying it!

Respected Developer
    Well Oink.cd is coming from http://www.dreamhost.com/.

its sucks for those sites, o well, we have to carry on............

Thread Information