Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
6989 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

View Poll Results: Which link is more Search Engine Friendly

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • somesite.com/download-movie-145-paper-heart-limited-bdrip-xvid-saphire.html

2 14.29%
  • somesite.com/download/movie/145/paper-heart-limited-bdrip-xvid-saphire.html

2 14.29%
  • somesite.com/download/movie/145/paper-heart-limited-bdrip-xvid-saphire/

10 71.43%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Banned
    agree with CrucifynDi3.
    DEViANCE, you may check warezscene. they use (.)html link and gets good amount traffic from google.

Quote Originally Posted by CrucifynDi3 View Post
    mr happy is right on one sense. however, he completely forgot about the value of .html pages.

Google always prioritize HTML pages more than dynamic pages since it considers the content to be solid and not constantly changing. HTML pages are like that. Aside from that if you need to add keywords its better to add them in title instead of the URL.

I would go for this.

Code: 
    somesite.com/paper-heart-limited-bdrip-xvid-saphire-145.html
    rest of you guys posting here really don't have a clue
    2nd that. I only had major google traffic with html pages (or subdomain pages like ddl2 used in the past). without .html it doesn't really work for me

3.   Sponsored Links

Respected Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    you may check warezscene. they use (.)html link and gets good amount traffic from google.
    WS has good Google traffic for the rather obvious reason that the forum is huge, active, and most importantly, open. It has nothing to do with having a .html at the end. My site has 26.738 posts/topics of which 22.400 are indexed. I'd say that's pretty efficient, and, no html at the end. It really doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by The Coon View Post
    2nd that. I only had major google traffic with html pages (or subdomain pages like ddl2 used in the past). without .html it doesn't really work for me
    I think your major Google traffic was not linked to that but another factor.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperz View Post
    WS has good Google traffic for the rather obvious reason that the forum is huge, active, and most importantly, open. It has nothing to do with having a .html at the end. My site has 26.738 posts/topics of which 22.400 are indexed. I'd say that's pretty efficient, and, no html at the end. It really doesn't matter.
    Well google indexed almost all links of a site does make any sense that site seo is good. Well this is a big fact how many link google index but the most important fact is after search with a particular keyword, in which google page that site link appear.

I have googled with this keyword "Imtoo Download" see which links are come at the first page with .html or no html link.

Website's:
    InvestDude.com
    Quote Originally Posted by jayfella View Post
    well i dont have any idea to be honest but my 2 cents would be that google is able to handle dynamic pages a lot better now than it previously did. Dynamic pages are kinda the norm in a lot of respects.
    Google does handle dynamic pages very well. G's technologies are far more superior and infact HTML is getting old. But why would they still prefer HTML more?

Because its quite easy to dynamically generate hundreds of pages just by spinning one page. That is what blackhatters do to get traffic on their main landing pages. Like I said before, the only reason Google loves HTML pages because Google considers the information on the pages to be stable and not information that has been spinned hundreds of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperz View Post

I think your major Google traffic was not linked to that but another factor.
    actually, there are loads of factors and a .html page is just probably one factor. There are loads of other factors like domain age, authority, PR, inbound links, keyword density to be considered. Its not like no Dynamic pages are getting indexed. Im just saying HTML pages have a slight advantage and thats all.

Your site has 26,738 posts and 22,400 indexed.

One of my sites (lostwarez.com) has only 4,789 Posts of downloads and over 77,000 links indexed in Google.

Not saying its getting indexed more due to the .html page. But yes those .html pages are helping in a way.

ps. Undernation and DDLCMS script are two perfect examples why I will say .html pages DO work.
    InvestDude.com Learn to make money by investing in hyips (high yield investment programs), affiliate marketing and tons of other method ;)

.html extension does make some difference, though less so than it used to.
    9758fcdc0da017540d11889c22bb5a6e 939bae9ac6b3e1a84cebb7b403297b79
    Greetz to LaW eNfOrCeMeNt, MPAA & OtHeR ANTi-PiRACY ReLaTeD GrOuPs
    9ee6a213cb02554a63b1867143572e70 070bff8a9e240b11ee6b41e7d92b41ba

Respected Developer
    If it does make a difference, why is there not a single person who can prove it? I mean, everyone can write down a number and say that's proof of something. But there is not a single piece of definitive proof out there (IE, a proper study/investigation/test). I stick with my opinion that it doesn't mean jack shit. And another reason why that is likely is the Generator meta tag. Before switching to IPB 3 my links also ended in html, with IPB 3's build in SEO it doesn't and I didn't notice a thing. None at all. Just a slow but steady rise in traffic as the site ages.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information