Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
6973 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Respected Member

Default Does age matter?

<joke>Now I know probably 70% or so will say it does not matter because you are not of age to even grow pubes yet, but...</joke>

do you think age matters when it comes to running a 'company'?

Before you hit reply and say no, think about something like this: Its 9am in whatever country your in and your server goes down. The guy running his 'business' is in India or some shit and its midnight. He's sleeping, but will be getting up in 8 hours to get ready for school! cool beans there. So 8 hours passes, he goes to school. Comes home after another 8. So 16 hours there. Now assuming he's a teen with no life he comes home and goes right to his computer. That's 16 hours before he can even see downtime. Then he has to fix it.

Now obviously this is just one example and it does not always work like this. That's just how it is the one time I tried one of those great businesses years and years ago. For me it does and doesn't. I'd never ever ever go with a host not registered as a business and without (true) 24/7 on-site support. If I want a logo or something made I couldn't care less who does it or what their age is as long as they have the skills to do it.

So, does it matter?
    Jesse Reviewed by Jesse on . Does age matter? <joke>Now I know probably 70% or so will say it does not matter because you are not of age to even grow pubes yet, but...</joke> do you think age matters when it comes to running a 'company'? Before you hit reply and say no, think about something like this: Its 9am in whatever country your in and your server goes down. The guy running his 'business' is in India or some shit and its midnight. He's sleeping, but will be getting up in 8 hours to get ready for school! cool beans there. So 8 Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

Website's:
    wrzc.eu watchfreemoviez.eu
    Well you have to think about certain things that does require maturity. Which some younger kids dont have. So If the younger kids were mature and could think before they type, then age doesn't mean a shit. But there are soem that just spoil it for others.

Respect: SMLMATS, M-R-T, Elio, exel, SLiM, UltimA, Hx, Rick

MechoDDL - All Your Needs

Pure Awesomeness!
    Not to me, cuz i know some old people act like kiddies and the other way around, young people that are mature.

About running a company...if you run it good then it doesn't.

Banned
    Website's:
    vimuto.com
    yes age matters... the older you get the more experience you know and have..
    yea there might be one or two kids that are mature and smart but face it, more than majority have been atleast 18+ and will always be that way..

Banned
    Website's:
    gfxfire.com url4free.com
    it really boils down to who is the person (age-wise)

i would much rather prefer an educated and mature adult than a smart mouth kid answering my questions.

Age does not matter lol....

Yes, yes it does. What if, for example, you get sued and you're like 15? Fucked up situation there.

It depends the situation at the end of the day. If your parent(s) are wealthy and give you a good education etc.. i.e ACiD he is 15, turning 16? He is well educated and many people respected him and he is young. But also some adults can be ignorant fucks and not give any real attention to the matter and are just assholes.. Im not saying all kids/adults are mature or immature but it certaintly reflects on their background which influences their actions.

No, age doesn't matter.

"Age is nothing, but a number."

Probation
    If you get sued at age 15 then it looks like your parents are the ones who take the fall. Until the age of 18 (in most cases) parents are liable for their children (including non-insured car crashes, etc).

As far as the age is concerned, it does and doesn't matter. If someone is young and runs a successful company the question remains could it be greater/better if they had more experience? That answer could very well be yes. However someone young running a company at an early age gives them a higher possibility of further success down the line as they continue to gain experience, knowledge etc. I think the younger successful individual has the advantage over the old schooler because they have more time to mold and advance. In comparison to the older whom has taken a longer time to get to point A, which leaves them ultimately less time to reach point B, etc.

Both young and old people can be successful and mature. In most cases someone who is immature and unexperienced will not be in charge of a company or a business unless handed to them.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information