Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
62862 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 100% CPU Usage Problem

hi,
    I have Compaq Notebook. Original OS installed in this was Windows Vista home Premium. In earlier days everything was going well.

Configuration is : Compaq C571NR, Intel Dual Core Processor (1.73 GHz) ,
    1GB DDR II RAM (2x512) and Intel 945 GM chipest.

Now i have installed Windows 7, which has same requirements as vista. but most of time CPU usage is 100% and after 30-40 mins of computer usage, PC get off with any notice like SHUTTING DOWN etc..... just turns off.

Is it due to High Temperature ? As Atmosphere Temperature here is about 35 degree Celsius.

I tried By Installing Vista Again but Same happens with Vista too.

I don't wanna switch to XP because I don't like that OS or can say I am sick of Vista/7.

Please give me a solution.

Thanks a lot in advance.
    CyberGuru Reviewed by CyberGuru on . 100% CPU Usage Problem hi, I have Compaq Notebook. Original OS installed in this was Windows Vista home Premium. In earlier days everything was going well. Configuration is : Compaq C571NR, Intel Dual Core Processor (1.73 GHz) , 1GB DDR II RAM (2x512) and Intel 945 GM chipest. Now i have installed Windows 7, which has same requirements as vista. but most of time CPU usage is 100% and after 30-40 mins of computer usage, PC get off with any notice like SHUTTING DOWN etc..... just turns off. Is it due to Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

Banned
    have you updated your BIOS e.t.c when performing the upgrade?

I had this myself with an oldish Dell from where I work.

Website's:
    BTfreak.com Adult-BB.org
    What all is in your startup, there could be an application or malware that is starting up with your computer that is misbehaving and using up all your resources.

Website's:
    down4fun.net
    Try To Use The Task manager (Ctrl+Alt+Del) And See What Applications Are Using Most Of Your CPU Frequency .

Too busy :|
    Website's:
    L337Fx.com BeastieBay.net
    Format your HDD and reinstall OS
    Then, check the usage (without running any application)
    If its fine, then, go on installing other apps and run them. Check which one is causing the problem.
    btw, running Vista on 1 GB RAM is not adviced it just kills your processor
    Also, it reduces your processor life by 70%.
    Get 2GB RAM and then run Vista.

Also, lower your desktop resolution to 1024X768 so that everything works fine
    The higher the resolution, the more load on the RAM/GFX Card

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
    Website's:
    extremecoderz.com
    Windows7 is actually better at resource management than Vista, so you should be experiencing increased speeds, not slower speeds. Do as netmonster mentioned, then click the CPU column header to sort by CPU useage:

i have the same problem....tried all the three windows...xp is the best to use in these conditions but since its summer here, and the temperature would go around 40 to 45, the lappie wud behave nothin more than shit. U switch it on and after 15 mins its hot enough to make omlletes.
    btw i gave it in customer care today, They gonna resolve the problem in 2 days. Will let u know if i dey can repair the problem.

COMPAQ SUCKS.

Back to my hp desktop
    Coming soon...

Here is the screenshot when i just started my pc and using mozilla.

You can see the sidebar. In CPU Performance Gadget. When i just started pc, then Usage Was 100%, then it is dropping down.

I am unable to use two programs like Firefox+Media Player after 20-25 mins the notebook been switched on.

Website's:
    down4fun.net
    To Know What Is The Application Causing The High CPU Usage, Run The Task manager As I Told Before WHEN The Use Of CPu Is High Not When It Is In Normal State

thanks

Umm, I also have core2duo but with a 4gb ram works cool. Might be the problem is because of your low ram

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information