Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
62685 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Default Help with External Hard Disk Not Detected

Hey guys,

I just installed windows 7 on my new dell studio laptop. Its windos 7 64Bit version.

But i dont know why my external 500GB Seagate hard disk is not working. its a usb powered hard disk, it works on other computers and laptops but here its not only detecting it.

Please assist, also if i plug in another flash disk it works, that means the usb is working fine. also when i plug in the external and go to device manager it shows me a ! on the port... i also added the drivers but yet issues. i read that it is the power that comes to the hard disk that is not enough i am not sure about that coz i used that same hard disk on this laptop when it had windows vista and it was working.

Please assist, if you need more info about the laptop or any screenshots do let me know i will post it.

Thanks & Regards
    Sponge Bob Reviewed by Sponge Bob on . Help with External Hard Disk Not Detected Hey guys, I just installed windows 7 on my new dell studio laptop. Its windos 7 64Bit version. But i dont know why my external 500GB Seagate hard disk is not working. its a usb powered hard disk, it works on other computers and laptops but here its not only detecting it. :S Please assist, also if i plug in another flash disk it works, that means the usb is working fine. also when i plug in the external and go to device manager it shows me a ! on the port... i also added the drivers but Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

Check in Control Panel\Administrative Tools\Computer managament under disk managament if u can see the hard drive when it's plugged id.

Thread Information