Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
62832 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default An honest review about Robert420's RapidLeech service

Site:
    http://shackservers.com/

KWWH sale thread:
    http://www.besthostingforums.com/showthread.php?t=40360

For those who are impatient to read this lengthy review, all I have to say is that if you value your money, do not go for their hosting services!

I have nothing to gain from writing this review. I took the time to write this so that other KWWH members don't fall in their trap in future & suffer.

I bought their RLH-2 plan (worth $8.99) on the 24th of July. Ever since then, I have faced nothing but trouble from them. Here's a brief run down:

1) The screenshots provided in the opening post of his sale thread are blatant lies and false advertising. You will not get speeds anywhere near as advertised!

a) Robert420's screenshot - Download from MU:

Actual speed I got: 100-200 kb/s

Despite repeated requests to fix the speeds for a whole week, he refused to take any action and claimed that these speeds were "normal".

Important Notes: Both MU single transload & Auto Transload is not working on his server. When Auto Transloading, only first link in a list of links would be downloaded (the rest will stall) and that's how I got the speeds.

b) Upload to MU:

Average speeds I got: 300-400 kb/s

I did not complain about this as MU's upload speed is always slow.

c) Robert420's screenshot - Upload to HF:

Fake screenshot! Anyone who has ever used RL knows that upload speed-o-meter fluctuates wildly from one extreme to another during upload. That's how he was able to take a screenshot showing upload 218 mb/s upload speed.

Actual average upload speed to HF I got: 200-300 kb/s

d) Download from HF:

Premium download plugin for HF never worked for me even though he claimed it did. Anyway, I did not bother about it much.

e) Download and Upload from RS:

Only thing that works as advertised. Speeds are good too.

2) Accused me of altering the host files and the RapidLeech script itself when I told him that MU single transloads and HF premium download wasn't working as he claimed. This was a blatant false accusation as I did not alter a single line in any of the RapidLeech files except adding username/password to the host files.

3) CPU loads were often found to be around 100%. He accused me of causing High CPU usage despite the fact that I did not use rar/unrar once since paying him for the service. I even stopped using MU's multifetcher on request. If simple downloading and uploading causes his server to go belly up, is it the customer's fault? No, but he kept accusing me, even suspended my account a couple of times.

4) He refused to provide a free account extension for all the lost time due to downtimes and slow speeds saying he is not liable for slow speeds and downtimes.

5) When I asked him to fix the speed issues repeatedly, he said that 300-400 kb/s which is just about 3 mbps is considered normal for RapidLeech & that they could do nothing to fix it because of network issues and server location (A case of false advertising - refer to pt.1). Would you settle for a 3 mbps RapidLeech?

6) Finally, after complaining for an entire week to fix the speed issues, he terminated my account today and refused to refund the money in compliance with his 15 day Money back Guarantee.

The reason for no refund was I said this to him earlier in the day:
    Fix the God damn speed issues!
    After experiencing speeds of 100-200 kb/s for the whole week and nothing being done about it despite repeated requests, one can understand why I had to say that.

Apparently the poor fella was offended by the use of the word "God damn" even though it wasn't even meant to insult him in any way lol. That was far more polite than anyone in my position will ever be. Step out to the real world once in a while Robert. It's not a bed of roses.

Ultimately, thanks to Jayfella, I got my money back which I would of never gotten back otherwise. He rejected my refund request no matter how many times I asked him prior to Jayfella's intervention.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is an honest to God review. Everything I said in this review is true to the very last word. I have no reason to lie here. I have nothing to gain or lose out of lying about a site. I like to give credit where due. This review was written to warn others of their service! How you interpret this review is upto you.

Of course I expect Robert to come here & make up a lot of stuff to convince you otherwise. He has already put up a "Beware of Prazsky" notice in his sig lol. Afterall, more customers he can fool, the better for him I guess. I am not a seller, what have I to lose?

To be honest, I don't care much. Don't be tempted by their "cheap" hosting plans. It's upto you to believe who you want. But if you value your money, this is one web hosting provider you want stay as far away as possible unless you want to lose money! The choice is yours!

Thanks for reading!
    Prazsky Reviewed by Prazsky on . An honest review about Robert420's RapidLeech service Site: http://shackservers.com/ KWWH sale thread: http://www.besthostingforums.com/showthread.php?t=40360 For those who are impatient to read this lengthy review, all I have to say is that if you value your money, do not go for their hosting services! I have nothing to gain from writing this review. I took the time to write this so that other KWWH members don't fall in their trap in future & suffer. Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

Actually i saw you guys discussing about all this stuff at the shoutbox, and i see you got a refund (Thank God) otherwise they dont seem so good.

Yeah mate. All thanks to Jayfella for the refund. Jay decided to act tough with him and that forced him to issue a refund.

I was contemplating opening a dispute with Paypal or a chargeback with my credit card company if I didn't get refund.

I have seen lame excuses to deny refund before but the use of "God damn" word takes the cake. lol.

lmao, what a big thread. Well good to know that he refunded your money back

We also have sometimes downtimes and high CPU usage but we never suspend the account and never dis obey clients words, also we give extention to the payment date. Afterall we can run servers only for them and they pay the money so we must give them max service with ease also its the clients duty to co operate with the hosters also.

Anyways good luck and enjoy.
    I am the TharkiBaba >_> Oh well thats my websites name -_-

Respected Member
    Website's:
    nooky.us
    but we never suspend the account
    Well you did not too long ago ... with that guy who abused you.

I would say, Pratsky, get on with your life and move on ..... perhaps Eso likes to adopt you.

I understand your point of view mate. Momentary downtimes and speed issues are always acceptable as long as the hosting provider is willing to sort out the issue.

But when the download and upload speeds are around 100-200 kb/s for an entire week and the hosting provider refuses to acknowledge the issue and fix the problem, you gotta believe something is wrong. He even claimed those speeds are "normal". Believe that!

Lol, I think Robert has already pressed the panic button. He has mass emailed this to his clients:
    Dear ABC,

We're sending out this annoucements as it seems that this following one user who was an existing user of our rapidleech hosting services has been sending out false information to people via pm's on besthostingforums.com claming our services are scams we'll like to set the fact straight here. The following user at http://www.besthostingforums.com/member.php?u=10402 was complaning about speeds issue not be resolved fast enough for him as we've told him many times that network issue are mostly out of our control user seem to not understand english very well so if you receive a pm from this user please just ignore it as it's false information. We've also contacted a lawyer about this situtation.

Warm Regards,
    ShackServers Management
    http://www.shackservers.com
    Good luck suing me with your lawyer lol. Robert, no need to mass email as I am not PMing anyone. It's all out in the open for everyone to see. If your service is top notch exactly as you advertise, you wouldn't need to mass email to convince everyone of your "super duper" service. Your service would speak for itself lol

I would say, Pratsky, get on with your life and move on ..... perhaps Eso likes to adopt you.
    Yeah sure mate. I don't plan to hang around with this issue forever. I justed posted this review to warn future customers of KWWH from a potential scam.

Banned
    Website's:
    GFXFire.com Max-Share.org WarezShares.com
    I just love the lawyer part haha

Website's:
    Error-Zone.com shortbusriders.net
    hahaha lawyer drama

Respected Member
    Website's:
    nooky.us
    Yeah ItsmYarD, and I will sue you too for making false and silly accusations.

Lawyers FTW. !

Im waiting robert420's reply here, its gonna be EPIC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information