Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
62614 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 34 of 179 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484134 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by knowinservers View Post
    Yes, wont be any problems hosting in Germany
    But you need to take care of the DMCA.
    NL will soon come.
    Are you online? I need to talk to you. I just purchased a ks 300.

Website's:
    KWWHunction.com Google.com
    Hello, Yes i am online...
    Intel Xeon E3 -1240 16 GB DDR3 Ram 4 x 1 TB HDD 1 Gbit 100 TB BW -

I've been reaching you thru MSN, no replies.

I have payed and its too late yet dont got any informations & no reply or response what is this ?

Website's:
    KWWHunction.com Google.com
    Hello, Well we have instant setup if you pay via paypal and moneybookers.
    You have sent the money via, Bank Transfer and we didnt get any money from you.
    But still, we have setup the vps for you and the details have been sent.
    Intel Xeon E3 -1240 16 GB DDR3 Ram 4 x 1 TB HDD 1 Gbit 100 TB BW -

Preliminary review:
    Package KS L300

Setup of account instant with paypal payment.
    Server comes with centos preinstalled.
    Immediately reinstalled with Ubuntu 10.04 and no problems whatsoever.
    Installed webmin and transmission and those seem to run at .03 load or less together.
    Problems started when using apache to remote upload to Fileserve, but that's cuz apache is epic fail. (loaded server to 10 , which is five real cores loaded)
    Got rid of fail apache and installed lighttpd and load only reaches 3 max when hitting 200 mbit remote upload to fileserve (used iftop to moniter).
    It appears that there is either a soft limit or hard limit of 200 mbit per direction which is either because of lack of disk IO or a soft clamp per vps over 1 minute intervals or so. (since I was able to pull 60 mBps or so from leaseweb's 100 mB test file and similar results from cachefly's test file with wget)
    This morning servers seemed especially slow (probably because of limited disk IO from many people using, since speed tests didn't seem fazed)
    Was able to load VPS up with 500 mB ram usage and 95 gB of the space used out of 100 gB available.

All in all a very acceptable performance from what I expected from this kind of VPS.

Server performed better than a Burst.net dedicated xeon (core2) 2.0ghz dualcore except for disk IO.

Areas of improvement possible: Possibly increased disk IO would be good, since this seems to be a bottleneck sometimes when multiple people using at once.

I'll update with more info if anything changes or if I have more info to give.

Server did get mysteriously restarted during the morning while I was remote uploading for some reason, and it listed as "Unknown initiating shutdown" or something in console while I was watching. No idea how often this happens. I assume I was being moved to a different node or something.

UPDATE:
    Someone already tried to steal my server, lol. Changed password again and going to see what happens.

I am still waiting for your reply. I asked question on page#33 and also PM'ed you but no reply.

From Page#33

I would like to buy the package KS W100. But before that I want to know what is the max. download and upload speed people are getting on this package. Especially on hotfile and fileserve.

And is paying by western union is applicable as it is mentioned on the first page of topic.

EDIT:
    Fully resolved, Knowinservers is great!

Website's:
    Installtheworld.blogspot.com Redswitches.com
    @BlueJax the W100 is not in stock for now , also the server is located in germany , and hotfile and FS are in US , so you can.nt expect full 100mbps connection to them

@communism thank you very much for your review

Regards

Probation

Default no server details

Hi,

I've paid for the server via paypal like 11 hours ago. The account status has been set active. But till now I haven't received any details of the server. I tried to email to sales got some local delivery error.

Could you please help?

Cheers

Thread Information