Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
62394 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Got a DMCA Notice -- Need Advice

The notice is down below and the company is known for fake notices. The site's in Germany with netdirekt and not in the USA. Any idea on what action needs to be taken next?

Nexon America Inc. (\"Nexon\") is the owner of the Website, nexon.net (the \"Website\") The website contains Nexons copyrighted material and the intellectual property in the Video Games on the Website, which include the game MapleStory (the \"Game\"), as well as the original images on the Website and embedded in the Game, and the object and source code for the site. In addition, Nexon is the owner of the trademarks NEXON and MapleStory, as well as hundreds of other trademarks used in associationwith the website.

You are currently hosting the following website: http://www.maplekillers.com m/ (the \"Rogue Website\"). This website is an illegal hacking site and is a haven for developers and users of hacks of the Game, and for those who have illegally misappropriated Nexons intellectual property: The people whorun this Rogue Website specifically sell and distribute these unlawful hacks and allow its members to distribute illegal software and allows for the development and download of hack software for the Game based on Nexons pirated source code of the Game and thus allows criminal activity to flourishon their forums. Because of this, the Rogue Website is severely damaging the Game and is hurting Nexons business.

You need to look no further to the following : http://www.maplekillers.com/
    and its many sub-links on this website to see Nexon copyrighted source code, artwork and protected Trademarks all over the site which is used bythe owner to misappropriate and encourage the use of illegal hacking software by others who visit the site. In addition to the hacks being sold in its VIP section , it also sells a large number of unlawful hack features in their VIP section that are ruining the Game and damaging Nexons business.

IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT YOU SHUT DOWN THIS WEBSITE IMMEDIATELY. Among theillegal hacks they are currently selling is one that falsifies certain Nexon currency which is destroying the economy of the Game. By selling this hack, this is considered criminal theft in this country and we have alreadycontacted the proper law enforcement agencies in the United States (since the Rogue Website is located in the United States) to take action against the owners of the Rogue Website. As you do host this website that services the United States, we assume you do not wish to be part of a criminal investigation. I would think that good business sense would prevent you from approving of such behavior and keep you from protecting them. In addition,there does not appear to be any responsible monitoring or administration of the Rogue Website, but they appear to encourage this criminal activity. If this Rogue Website is not shut down immediately, it will cause irreparable harm to Nexon.

I hereby state that Nexon America Inc. is the owner of copyright to the Game and that to the best of my knowledge and belief, the infringing use was not authorized by it, its agents or the law. I further declare under penalty of perjury that this notice is accurate and that I am authorized to act as Nexon America Inc.s agent in this matter. Pursuant to International Copyright laws, the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, your Terms of Service and your Acceptable User Policy, Nexon America Inc. demands that you shut down the Rogue Website immediately.

You may reach me by e-mail at lkorn@nexon.net if you have any questions about this matter. The foregoing is not intended as acomplete statement of the facts or our rights and remedies, all of which are hereby expressly reserved.

Sincerely,

Lloyd Korn
    kiran_n444 Reviewed by kiran_n444 on . Got a DMCA Notice -- Need Advice The notice is down below and the company is known for fake notices. The site's in Germany with netdirekt and not in the USA. Any idea on what action needs to be taken next? Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

Respected Member
    nothing. ignore it.

Website's:
    securewarez.net
    Ask your host whether they have recieved any DMCA notices, normally they'll consult your host aswell.
    ----------------------------------
    Proud owner of: Secure Warez
    ----------------------------------

Website's:
    ithangout.ro
    The caps are fishy ..

Website's:
    area51warez.info
    never ignore Nexon America Inc. bcz of them my account was suspended one time.

Need seo services pm me with your req.

Website's:
    area51warez.info
    but i think you get false notice with using Nexon America Inc name

Need seo services pm me with your req.

look at the email headers.

also, you can just ignore it for now -- usually DMCA contacts the DC directly rather than the owner, so just wait until the DC contacts you I suppose lol

Website's:
    Team-XPC.com
    Their whole claim is wrong if the website is not hosted and the webhost is not in the United States. So that would hurt their case, but since you are a US citizen (im guessing) then you still have to obey US laws.

The problem with replying is they can trace your IP and/or find more information about you. So you can either ignore it until they contact you again with real lawyer signatures, or reply stating you and your website are not located in the US.
    Bad Uploaders: mayank101, zer(0), UltimateUploader, immu, much more..

nexon is known to be very unprofessional in their DMCA requests and can do serious harm to your site, they try to shutdown pretty much all private servers which they have been decently successful at, if your server gets too successful you can get "Nexowned" ..... lol

might join your forum though looks cool, also unless netdirekt says anything i wouldn't worry about it, just keep very frequent backups at least one a day or depending on how active the forum is every 12hours or so

if you feel the site is in danger

This mail is fake.

1st: No formal "advertisements" of the company in email.
    Ex: Adress, Phone Number, Mail

2nd: "theillegal" syntax error, legit mails don't have such errors

3rd:
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Norix View Post
    The caps are fishy ..

What you should do:
    1. Ignore mail
    2. Post mail headers here
    3. Hit delete
    Trusted: Dom, l0calh0st, 0ccul7, robert420
    Find all threads started by NewEraCracker

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast