Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
6907 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Website's:
    iGotMusic.org NitroRoms.com GamersFire.com

Default Com Vs Net Vs Org

The big three top level domain names.

Which do you prefer and why?

Which is better for a warez site?

edit: bah i wanted to add a poll, but my server timed out, can a mod/admin add a poll for the three choices, and a fourth being "Other".
    Golden Falcon Reviewed by Golden Falcon on . Com Vs Net Vs Org The big three top level domain names. Which do you prefer and why? Which is better for a warez site? edit: bah i wanted to add a poll, but my server timed out, can a mod/admin add a poll for the three choices, and a fourth being "Other". Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

Agrias
    if you have a network, as katz -> .net

.com is the most popular one, best one to remembers, a high value one etc etc...

•     
    Rockstar
    .com, sounds cool as comparing to .org and .netelighted: as i think.

just try it , say any site name suppose katz.org , u have to spell it ". o r g" but as in .com just ".com" lol it saves ur energy, haha.

•     
    Probation
    Well it all depends on how you look at it. If the domain flows with the .net, then go with the .net, same with the .org, .to, etc. But as all of you have said above .com is usually the best one because it's most common and people will nine times out of ten go to the .com on accident here and there. Either way if you can get your hands on the .com for your anticipated domain it would be appropriate to grab it up along with whatever domain you are choosing.

•     
    .com, as everybody will try that first if they partially remember your domain name
    Extremely helpful article about hiding your identity here

•     
    Website's:
    WRZhost.com WExplain.com
    My biggest and oldest domain is a .net but
    I would say go for a .com
    Any questions? Want to make money?My Online Marketing Forum
    WRZhost offshore hosting! Still the best offshore hosting after 7 years! Hongkong,Russia,NL,Germany

•     
    Baby Jesus
    I prefer .net, but I never go with a .net unless I can get the .com with it to forward to the .net, as many of the older folk ALWAYS use .com no matter what it actually is, really annoying.

•     
    Website's:
    iGotMusic.org NitroRoms.com GamersFire.com
    Yea thats the thing. I personally LOVE the way .net sounds, doesn't matter what kind of domain name you have. .com is just so "simple," but it is the king domain. and for .org, i just don't like it at all lol.

Usually its:
    .com = communications
    .net = network
    .org = organization

rule of thumb back in the "day"

But then again i'm looking at buying all 3 TLD's at once for a specific domain im looking at. So it won't matter ;p

•     
    Agrias
    lol

.com stands for commercial
  • Reply With QuoteRegister To Reply

•     
    Domainers said that ranks of domains are :

1.com
    2.net
    3.org
    4.info / .tv / .us / .mobi
    5.Biz / .WS / .cc / .cn / .de / .co.uk / .eu

if i could I always chose a .com domains...

• Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information