Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
6880 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

It begins...

Default LulzImg - Test something out for me please :)

Hey guys!

I'm going to be switching LulzImg over to it's own server within a day or two. I have the server all setup and ready to make the move to, but before that happens, I need it all tested out.

This server runs Apache and Nginx, with Nginx running behind Apache and Apache reverse proxy'ing requests for images to Nginx. This should give me a better stability and a longer timeframe allowance between each branch change.

That said, I need you guys to test something out for me. First off, you're going to have to make a change to your 'hosts' file. The 'hosts' file resides in the following location:
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc

Add these two lines to it:
    Code: 
    173.192.187.154	lulzimg.com
    173.192.187.154	www.lulzimg.com
    Then run this in your command prompt:
    Code: 
    ipconfig /flushdns
    After that, clear the cache in your browser, and load up lulzimg. Just try the following for me, please:

- Try uploading a few images. Let me know how speeds are. Are they the same or different.

- Try uploading a few images via Remote Upload. Again, a comment on the speeds would be much appreciated.

- Try uploading a few images using the FF Addon (if you use Firefox). Same as above, I'd like comments on speeds.

If you encounter error(s), please let me know.

Thanks in advance to everyone who helps me out with it

P.S: Remember to delete those 2 entries from your hosts file after you're done testing!!
    Lifetalk Reviewed by Lifetalk on . LulzImg - Test something out for me please :) Hey guys! I'm going to be switching LulzImg over to it's own server within a day or two. I have the server all setup and ready to make the move to, but before that happens, I need it all tested out. This server runs Apache and Nginx, with Nginx running behind Apache and Apache reverse proxy'ing requests for images to Nginx. This should give me a better stability and a longer timeframe allowance between each branch change. That said, I need you guys to test something out for me. First Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

Works crazy fast. Maybe it's just a placebo effect though.

Haven't tested remote/firefox, sorry.

I will try it now and post the results in a few minutes.
    A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing. ? George Bernard Shaw
    ?
    Designer. Check my designs here.

You can call me G
    Tested web upload using the site

Inference:
    Felt the speed a bit slow after changing the hosts file.

For the linux n3rds who should be knowing this.. the hosts file is located @
    /etc/hosts

Regards,
    gunda316

My Langotiya Yaars (Chaddi buddies): JmZ, humour, Chutad, Esotorisk, l0calhost, Daniel, Mind Freak?, TLK, Amz

It begins...
    Thanks .mac, Amz, and gunda.

@gunda
    I'm going to assume it's because of the new server switch over and the cache, the DNS cache, etc etc. I wouldn't be too sure, but yeah, I assume such. Regardless, I'll keep monitoring it. Let's hope it works out well

It loads/uploads slightly faster for me after editing the hosts file. Remote uploads are faster too.
    A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing. ? George Bernard Shaw
    ?
    Designer. Check my designs here.

The loading speed and the uploading speed seems good. As i uploaded a 700kb file in a quick 6 seconds which was really fast otherwise it doesnt happen ever to me.

Here it is

oops after removing the two entries i cant load the i10 node.

Website's:
    iFunMaza.com
    yo yo
    its damm fast
    i got it

FB - http://www.facebook.com/IfunMaza
    Twitter - twitter.com/#!/iFunMaza

Website's:
    sparkloaded.com bdfilezone.com
    sound good........good work

Website's:
    ExploringPC.com DedicatedSeedboxHosting.com