Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
62754 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Website's:
    OneClickDownload.net

Talking Can anyone explain me how does vps work?

Anyone?
    I never used VPS only RDP...
    Ljavdo Reviewed by Ljavdo on . Can anyone explain me how does vps work? Anyone? :P I never used VPS only RDP... :P Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

Banned
    Website's:
    sexviews.org
    how does it work ?
    its like dedi
    u have root ssh access , rest works is yours
    its better if u be more specific

Website's:
    InWarez.to JustFail.org
    @sexviews, idth its like dedi

Anyways,you have control panel,reboot shutdown os reinstall etc,
    Also root access ,as sexviews said
    Rest work its yours.

Website's:
    OneClickDownload.net
    So i can install rapidleech on it?

Website's:
    scrls.co.uk
    Yes you can install Rapidleech on it and also sBorg .. custom scripts etc etc

Banned
    Website's:
    CuraShare.Net CuraShare.Me CuraShare.Info
    Have you ever managed/owned a linux box? Its like having your own linux server but virtual. If you do not have experience with Linux I'd reccomend you not to order a (Linux) VPS. Start by reading and doing some DIY's on a linux machine at home.

To run RL you basicly need a webserver with PHP, I'd reccomend you to use a LAMP setup.

Let me know if you need more help

BTW take a look at my setup at home

Website's:
    OneClickDownload.net
    But can i have sborg and rapidleech on one vps?

Banned
    Website's:
    CuraShare.Net CuraShare.Me CuraShare.Info
    Yes, If you install a basic LAMP setup its possible, you need a webserver with PHP. Again, if you've never owned a Linux server I'd reccomend you to stay with your RDP, of not get a VPS, install Ubuntu with a LAMP server, with Webmin, so you can manage your server easily and install RL/sBorg

Website's:
    managedhybrid.com
    Just like others have said you get SSH (is basically a username / password and IP) to connect and via Putty (or any other SSH program) you can connect to your server. This is mostly the case when your using Linux/Unix operating systems. You will only be able to see the "command text" instead of the GUI (graphical interface) until you install it.

Do not be afraid of the command line (black/white) only there are many tutorials for all operating systems on how to get a GUI up and running. If you do not want to try there is always Windows which some VPS will provide you with a VPS Windows that will have "Remote Desktop Connection" and you do not need to install anything for a GUI.

Default WAMP, LAMP or the Hard Way

Hi guys,
    If you plan to run a commercial server and are going to set one up at home to get some experience then may I suggest that you take the hard road and get proper experience by downloading an appropriate Linuk OS and manually installing it and all the components needed for the setup you want.

I have a small hosting business and started with a Shared Hosting package and administered that using WHM and cPanel. I then invested in a Dedicated Server and was very fortunate that my hosting company are very good when it comes to support. However it was not until I decided that I needed a testing server under my desk that I built a machine and did so component by component. The OS (CentOS), Apache, PHP, MySQL, PHPMyadmin and so many more.

What it did was give me the experience to be able to troubleshoot many issue now on my Dedicated Servers because of the experience and new understanding I gained. Must admit though it is not for the faint hearted and you may find having a laptop an advantage as Google will become a close friend during this process.

LAMP and WAMPs are both all well and good but it leave you with little if any real experience of the whole structure of a web server and it's setup and configuration. Truely the easy road.

As I need to support my clients I am glad for the experience I gained and now trouble shooting issues with the mail server, or MySQL server is far easier and I can do so without waiting for others to have time.

Just my thoughts on my experience. Good luck whatever you decide.

Lloyd

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information