Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
62704 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Website's:
    movies-megaupload.com

Default Will switching to VPS help me?

Hi

I run the website www.movies-megaupload.com

My website is based on Joomla 1.5.10 and I have enabled Legacy plugin to run it as native version.

I have hosted my website on a shared hosting program but would be moving it soon to a VPS with 1Gbps port, German hosted, with 384MB RAM and 8 core processor. Will this increase my website's performance.

The reason for switching to this VPS is because

1. it is cheap
    2. I update my website once every 10 days and after updating it, I send out emails to all my registered users (4000 users approx). The log in to the website to check out the update and the last time this happened, the CPU usage spiked to 65% on my shared hosting and my account got suspended.

Any ideas on how to avoid this spike? My hosting service provider is clueless. All that they can say is that my website is HTML based and should not be causing such spikes.

I am looking at suggestions to improve my website's page loading speed. Currently SH404sef and Joomlawatch are executing too many queries while the page is getting loaded. I cannot uninstall sh404sef and am looking at ways to optimize joomlawatch.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
    moviesmegaupload Reviewed by moviesmegaupload on . Will switching to VPS help me? Hi I run the website www.movies-megaupload.com My website is based on Joomla 1.5.10 and I have enabled Legacy plugin to run it as native version. I have hosted my website on a shared hosting program but would be moving it soon to a VPS with 1Gbps port, German hosted, with 384MB RAM and 8 core processor. Will this increase my website's performance. The reason for switching to this VPS is because Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

Website's:
    10gb.in uploadjet.net
    4000 mails sent at once is really not good , even if you go with vps , i haven't used joomla so i cant suggest solution, but in vbulletin there is option to send mails in batches.
    10Gb.in - Affordable Web Hosting Strictly No oversell |
    Kimsufi Reseller With 80 payment options

Banned
    Website's:
    CuraShare.Net CuraShare.Me CuraShare.Info
    Get a VPS with higher specs, especially more RAM ! And don't go for germany, they are NOT DMCA safe at all!

Getting a VPS will surely help you out, but really get more RAM, because that won't do for your amount of visitors!

Website's:
    movies-megaupload.com
    Quote Originally Posted by bhanuprasad1981 View Post
    4000 mails sent at once is really not good , even if you go with vps , i haven't used joomla so i cant suggest solution, but in vbulletin there is option to send mails in batches.
    I did not send 4000 mails at once after my hosting service provider told me that the CPU usage has spiked.

I sent it in batches of 250 emails with 5 minute interval which is fine with the hosting company.

Quote Originally Posted by CuraHack View Post
    Get a VPS with higher specs, especially more RAM ! And don't go for germany, they are NOT DMCA safe at all!

Getting a VPS will surely help you out, but really get more RAM, because that won't do for your amount of visitors!
    Choosing Germany is not a problem because I do not host files. I post only the links. So I am safe I suppose.

The amount of visitors I have at a time is about 100 only. Adding additional RAM right now sounds really expensive for me. I make enough money to barely cover all the costs.

Is there any minimum requirement for VPS- my hosting service provider says Apache webserver needs a lot of RAM

Regards
    Admin
    (Movies-Megaupload.com)

Banned
    Website's:
    xsl.tel xsltel.com
    what is your mail server (Exim,qmail,sendmail) ??

Website's:
    movies-megaupload.com
    I send emails using Horde on cPanel. I am not sure what my mailserver is.

Any suggestions on how to find out?

Banned
    Website's:
    xsl.tel xsltel.com
    cpanel default one is either Dovecot/Courier

Website's:
    movies-megaupload.com
    My hosting service provider is going to move my website from a Shared Hosting service to a VPS service.

He suggested me to start using Kloxo which is free and stop with cPanel which costs $15/month for licensing.

Any idea which email server should I use in Kloxo?

Banned
    Website's:
    xsl.tel xsltel.com
    qmail mail-server

Website's:
    movies-megaupload.com
    Is it free? If so, I ll get it installed by my hosting company and start using it.

Any other suggestions in general for my website -to improve page loading speed, to reduce server load etc.

Any comments in general too are welcome.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information