Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
63378 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

View Poll Results: Censor SmokeHost?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

64 88.89%
  • No

8 11.11%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    SmokeHost situation is solved I guess. Owner is permanently banned on KWWHunction, other representatives aren't creating sales thread anymore, no threads about them hurting someone... Everything's fine.

Censoring of the URL is just in case if they come back with the story "We're the new SmokeHost Management" or something like that. And I wouldn't agree that censoring the URL is a bad idea, yes there will be "******" instead of the text, but you'll know what you wanted to write, and you'll ask someone "Why is this URL censored?". And you'll either search for the clues, or someone will explain to you.

So yes, censoring it would be great. You may think that this isn't democracy, but without members this site wouldn't exist.

Voted....YES

Quote Originally Posted by Loget View Post
    This is not a democracy, if 1000 users voted to censor the domain, it wouldn't matter, ya'll can vote all you like but it's the staff that make the decisions around here.

As for the censorship of the domain, it's not our job to pick and choose who does business on here, if a host sucks, the members should just avoid purchasing hosting, we are not your parents and are not required to protect you from the big bad dangerous hosts. It's completely up to members to decide who they purchase hosting from and all companies are free to offer their services here, regardless of how horrible they are.
    Without users you do not have a site, so the staff can decide everything they want but if the users are not there who are you really deciding for? And lets face it loget you make some of the decisions, not all like you state. I am not going to get into it as I really don't care. Just waiting for my pm and I shall most likely be off. You should not pick who's hosting company sucks and who is good, however if tons of threads open and its all the same story then it is wasted database space and server resources which can go for a better cause. They not only a bad hosting company but also scammers, and caused tons of shit here on KWWH. I guess they realized as Jason mentioned that no one cares for them so they stopped with the threads and such, however my solution was a quicker fix and would saved KWWH a lot more then this thread or this post.
    Please follow signature rules

4.   Sponsored Links

Banned
    smokehost=pure scammers

i hate that name ...shame on them

Website's:
    servedome.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Loget View Post
    This is not a democracy, if 1000 users voted to censor the domain, it wouldn't matter, ya'll can vote all you like but it's the staff that make the decisions around here.

As for the censorship of the domain, it's not our job to pick and choose who does business on here, if a host sucks, the members should just avoid purchasing hosting, we are not your parents and are not required to protect you from the big bad dangerous hosts. It's completely up to members to decide who they purchase hosting from and all companies are free to offer their services here, regardless of how horrible they are.
    I respectfully disagree, Jordon was banned here and Elj blocked his domain after that. So whats different then that can't be done here?
    ServeDome Internet Services - Providing reliable & affordable hosting solutions

Available payment options - Major Credit Cards / Debit Cards, PayPal, MoneyBookers, AlertPay and Liberty Reserve

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information