Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
62766 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Vovachka

Default Question

I was asking for a support question on the invisionize website about a skin chooser. And a mod closed my thread with a statement of "Illegal content" Just curious as to how did they know, in which later I PMed him and asked and he knew the URL of my board and all.. it's not in my profile or anywhere on the site. Anyhow will he or most importantly can he do anything?
    Vovachka Reviewed by Vovachka on . Question I was asking for a support question on the invisionize website about a skin chooser. And a mod closed my thread with a statement of "Illegal content" Just curious as to how did they know, in which later I PMed him and asked and he knew the URL of my board and all.. it's not in my profile or anywhere on the site. Anyhow will he or most importantly can he do anything? Rating: 5

Sponsored Links

•     
    Vovachka
    Report it to who, and what can they do?

EDIT: Shit, I know how he found out. Was my mistake. Now what... should i worry?

•     
    Baby Jesus
    I see nothing to worry about, what you're doing isn't illegal as long as you're not hosting the files, worst case is that your license @ IPB is taken away, then just switch software or go to an offshore host / priated forum.

•     
    Website's:
    iGotMusic.org NitroRoms.com GamersFire.com
    I think they have bigger fish to fry

•     
    Vovachka
    Quote Originally Posted by Baby Jesus View Post
    I see nothing to worry about, what you're doing isn't illegal as long as you're not hosting the files, worst case is that your license @ IPB is taken away, then just switch software or go to an offshore host / priated forum.
    I am on an offshore host
  • Reply With QuoteRegister To Reply

•     
    Having ripped skin un licensed will make owner of the skin report you to IPB.

IPB will take your license down and ban you from every where.

Come after you.

It happened to someone had been stolen paid only a modification from invisionmodding.com, if you want his name I can give it to you.

Even these support sites ban you once they know you doesn't had a valid license and of course report you to IPB.

A piece of advice enter these support sites with another user name else yours, because if anyone Google your name will make you get caught.

@Vovachka
    Just see this
    Code: 
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Vovachka&btnG=Google+Search

Your site is the third result with your name.

•     
    Quote Originally Posted by Vovachka View Post
    Report it to who, and what can they do?

EDIT: Shit, I know how he found out. Was my mistake. Now what... should i worry?
    Who was it?

Quote Originally Posted by Prince View Post

A piece of advice enter these support sites with another user name else yours, because if anyone Google your name will make you get caught.

@Vovachka
    Just see this
    Code: 
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Vovachka&btnG=Google+Search

Your site is the third result with your name.
    Yeah, not that hard. Most people that help around at modding sites usually do a search to make sure you're not on a nulled board. Sites like invisionmodding now ask you to provide your forum URL before you receive any type of support.

Trick is, if you're on something legit where you insert your real details, keep that as separate from your warez/illegal identity as possible - make two usernames.
    Extremely helpful article about hiding your identity here

•     
    Vovachka
    I didn't use the same username as I did with my warez board. They found out by accident as I showed an error containing my folder name, i forgot to censor it out.

Also the skin isn't ripped. It was released to the public.

•     
    Bad luck next time.. now just don't bother asking the same question at IZE and ask it someplace else.. or not even that as some smartass might be a member at both.

Make a new account under a different username and ask for help with a different issue next time
    Extremely helpful article about hiding your identity here

•     
    Vovachka
    They have my IP tho, can they do anything with that?

• Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information