Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
62888 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned
    Website's:
    KWWHunction.com
    @ Aish,

Spacerich is a rather large host how ever they resell all dedicated servers from BurstNET pretty much,

@ Sp32

i would be advised if anyone pm's you with offers simply do not take them, if your looking for hosting here in the usa i suggest you look into softlayer,limestonenetworks,phenoxnap i use iWeb they are located in canada and are suburb

2.   Sponsored Links

Website's:
    tufos.net
    I dunno DLow, WebHostingTalk got filled with thousands of bad comments lately about them..

Banned
    Website's:
    KWWHunction.com
    Yeah ive been around WHT and have noticed a lot but indeed they are a reseller it is listed in there site so at least they are honest but imo i'd never buy from a company that can not "hands on" handle the actual equipment

The thing is paypal wouldn't do a thing if you open dispute stating the item you received is significantly not as described since the item is intangible and paypal don't cover intangible items.

The data centers are unlikely to refund you. You need to read their TOS first about refund policies and such and if everything's not clear, email them and ask for details. Do not buy from unknown resellers, buy directly from well known data centers like SoftLayer or Evoswitch who are unlikely to scam you.

Finally, if worst comes to worst and you want to cover your ass, make your payment using a credit card and do a chargeback. That's the best way to get your money back but do try to negotiate with the data center about possible options before doing the chargeback.

Good luck with your business

Banned
    Website's:
    EliteArchive.com
    I dun think banks provide any kinda help for refunds..

Prazsky is right, hosting (shared host, vps, dc, etc) is a virtual things.

Quote Originally Posted by Sp32 View Post
    I'm not very clued up on PayPals terms and conditions so I have a question to ask you all...

Say if I bought a Server which cost around 150$ and I got a real bad service/permanant downtime, or if the server company never gave me what I paid for..

Would I be able to get my money back?

Is there anyway to secure that I will get my money back or is it definitely gone?

Because I definitely don't want to be 150$, get scammed and lose my money..

I heard it was best to have the money in my bank account and for paypal to take it out of there, because then if PayPal don't refund me my bank will.. Is that true?

Thanks,

Faithfully,

- Sp32
    In other words u sound fishy and thus can use this to scam others i see..

Hmmmm lol

It begins...
    Use your creditcard as a source of funding. Then, if you get scammed by the DC (in terms of poor service quality) and they refuse to refund you, you can ask your CC company to reverse the charge on the card. Tell them it was an unauthorized transaction, that should suffice (in most cases).

The paypal dispute/claim is more of a hit and miss as opposed to actual dispute resolution. They don't care. I've myself lost a few cases on intangible items, and won others. So there's not a pattern, or for that matter, an actual judgement. Paypal will not go out of their way to help you, and if the seller isn't honest, they obviously wont.

Which then leaves you with who? Your CC company, provided the transaction was charged to the CC, and not outta Paypal balance. I'm not quite sure if it works that way in the case of a direct debit (bank transfer).

Thanks a lot lifetalk, I guess it's just something what depends on certain circumstances. Please close this thread now

So kiss me and smile for me, say that you'll wait for me <'3

It begins...
    Closed as requested

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information