Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
62055 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned
    Website's:
    SKDown.Net WarezGuru.Org RARdownload.net

Default Captcha for new topics?

I am having a lot of spam lately, so i want a hook/plugin to enforce captcha for the first x posts for all new users.

this way i can highly stop all spamming attempts.

i've seen similar methods around, what do u recommend guys?
    tdsii Reviewed by tdsii on . Captcha for new topics? I am having a lot of spam lately, so i want a hook/plugin to enforce captcha for the first x posts for all new users. this way i can highly stop all spamming attempts. i've seen similar methods around, what do u recommend guys? Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

I'd recommend you to enable "Question and Answer System" for human verification, just to prevent bots from registering.

Now, about the thread creation. You'll have to play around with the forum permissions, for example, newcomers should be able to create an Introduction thread and threads in the General Discussion, but they shouldn't be able to create threads in the Downloads Section. If this is what you're aiming for.

Anyways, you can enable captcha for the new posts and new threads easily via Usergroup options. Go to Admin Panel - Usergroup Options - Usergroup:

Require Human Verification on Configured Actions Users will have to pass human verification for the configured Human Verified Actions. - Set to "yes".

Banned
    Website's:
    WrzRealm.Com
    Try KeyCaptcha

Banned
    Website's:
    SKDown.Net WarezGuru.Org RARdownload.net
    Jason thx i tried that already but i want to make it for the first few posts only not all!

This will be a tricky one, but it's really worth it. So, basically, you need to edit the name of your "Registered Users" usergroup, and set the name "Probation".

Create new usergroup, and name it "Registered Users", put the same permissions as your last Registered Users usergroup had. Move all users from the old Registered Users (it's called "Probation" now) to the new one, so the old users wouldn't be affected by the changes.

Enable the captcha for the "Probation" usergroup, go to Usergroups - Promotions - Add new promotion:

Usergroup: Probation
    Reputation level: leave blank
    Days registered: leave blank
    Promotion strategy: posts
    Promotion type: primary usergroup
    Reputation comparison type: nothing
    Move user to usergroup: Registered users

That's all. Users would be forced to enter captcha, and they would be in the Probation usergroup til they reach 5 posts.

Website's:
    picxxx.me
    Hello,
    i tryed this but dont work

@iobit
    Are you sure you have the cron job code in the footer, and you have done all steps?

Website's:
    picxxx.me
    now when post i received this message:

you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
    1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

But have you set in the forum permissions for the usergroup that they can post in the specific forum?

Website's:
    picxxx.me
    delete some message in your inbox i sent pm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information