Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
62888 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Uploaddot View Post
    1: As stated, we are currently working on the design.
    2: Why would we need to purchase all of the tld's? we only plan to run on one domain.
    3: Have you even tried to login to the website and check the features out? i assume not as if you did login you would notice upload size limit is 30gb.
    4: It is profesional indeed, businesses do this all the time.
    5: Please do not come here with little knowledge about network quality.
    6: We are still working on the design, We decided to first introduce Uploaddot here on KWWHunction.
    2. clearly you dont understand, yes you only really need 1 tld to use but what happens if i register uploaddot.net i can then ride your brand (well its not a brand but oneday it might be, or atleast a recognised host), and whats to stop me if you dont buy the tld first or get a trademark first.

3. I already specified if its only for premium members you should have mentioned this please read my point fully.

4. It is still not profesional, you dont see Loreal directly saying Dove is rubish, Dove charge you too much, they say their product is better but they dont name names.

5. Little knowledge about network quality? you know nothing about me, infact i bet i have a better knowledge than you about networks or do you have a CCNA qualification aswell? I admit i didnt fully investigate the Gogax site but usually when hosts offer cheap prices the server is connected to a oversold shared line, and not a dedicated line or non-oversold shared line.

6. Well thats not particularly profesional you should have a plan and a working site, tested again and again before you introduce it to the public.

Secondly please answer point 7.
    "7. Assuming all of the above if you are charging $8 for 30 days and paying out $2.50 to the affilate, that means your gross income is $5.5 per sale, taking into consideration hardware costs and bandwidth costs how much money do you have behind you to fund UploadDot before it becomes self funding? "

2.   Sponsored Links

Website's:
    oneddl.eu nfomation.net linksafe.me
    Last time I checked delboy, they were hosted in the UK. And FYI, gogax are not a shit host.

Regarding the question of whether its "professional" to name other filehosts, I think its perfectly reasonable and right to do so. Every day I see an advert on TV where one supermarket clearly states they have cheaper prices than their competitors (and they do name them). Why should this be any different? If it encourages competition, I'm all for it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by delboy View Post
    2. clearly you dont understand, yes you only really need 1 tld to use but what happens if i register uploaddot.net i can then ride your brand (well its not a brand but oneday it might be, or atleast a recognised host), and what to stop me if you dont buy the tld first."

1-2: I have not come across any "brand riding" from people registering other tlds...

3. I already specified if its only for premium members you should have mentioned this please read my point fully.

4. It is still not proffesional, you dont see Loreal directly saying Dove is rubish, Dove charge you too much, they say their product is better but they dont name names.

5. Little knowledge about network quality? you know nothing about me, infact i bet i have a better knowledge than you about networks or do you have CCNA qualifications aswell? I admit i didnt fully investigate the Gogax site but usually when hosts offer cheap prices the network gets overloaded becuase they are shared lines, and not dedicated lines.

6. Well thats not particularly proffesional you should have a plan and a working site, tested again and again before you introduce it to the public.

Secondly please answer point 7.
    "7. Assuming all of the above if you are charging $8 for 30 days and paying out $2.50 to the affilate, that means your gross income is $5.5 per sale, taking into consideration hardware costs and bandwidth costs how much money do you have behind you to fund UploadDot before it becomes self funding?

3. I gave a url for you to visit, i suppose i did ask for honest feed back but you really should login before assuming we lied.

4. You see tesco showing sainsburys and asda prices, if you where in the uk...

5. Hey sorry i did not intend to go personal but comparing our network shouldn't be compared to cheap networks, i tried to show this point.

6. The website is functional, i do not see a need to glitter it up just yet.

7: We have calculated that and it is not for you to disclose our business plans,
    We have run a different file hosting service in the past, before any of them competitors where even out so i can tell you i have experience in running this business.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by okone View Post
    Last time I checked delboy, they were hosted in the UK. And FYI, gogax are not a shit host.
    Well...

Domain Tools Gives me:
    IP Information for 76.76.115.98
    IP Location: Canada Canada Montreal Interweb Media
    Resolve Host: reverse-mtl-76-76-109-98.gogax.com

And Ping Gives me
    IP Information for 83.170.106.3
    IP Location: United Kingdom United Kingdom Uk2 - Ltd
    IP Address: 83.170.106.3

And i never said Gogax where not very good, i already said "I admit i didnt fully investigate the Gogax site but usually when hosts offer cheap prices the server is connected to a oversold shared line, and not a dedicated line or non-oversold shared line."...

My point was not that they are bad, my point was there prices are fairly cheap, and uk2 are even cheaper, so edging more on the budget he has, rather than actual network quality.. (although network quality is usually not as good at cheaper hosts.)

1-2: I have not come across any "brand riding" from people registering other tlds...

3. I gave a url for you to visit, i suppose i did ask for honest feed back but you really should login before assuming we lied.

4. You see tesco showing sainsburys and asda prices, if you where in the uk...

5. Hey sorry i did not intend to go personal but comparing our network shouldn't be compared to cheap networks, i tried to show this point.

6. The website is functional, i do not see a need to glitter it up just yet.

7: We have calculated that and it is not for you to disclose our business plans,
    We have run a different file hosting service in the past, before any of them competitors where even out so i can tell you i have experience in running this business.
    2. Actually it happens quite allot.....
    3. i did not assume you lied i queried it and pointed out you should have mentioned it was for premium only if it was for premium only.
    4. Yes they show there prices and say we are cheaper on x amount of products than other providers (e.g. Asda, Sainsburys etc) BUT they dont say we are better than Asda and Asda takes advantage of fuel costs to change more.....
    5-6. OK
    7. Fair enough, but you are sustably for 6+ months correct? This is important question if anyone does become an affiliate as they wouldent want there files or money gone in a few months if you die.... Also make sure you have RAID1 and offsite backups to ensure you dont loose peoples files if a harddrive failure occures. also "We have run a different file hosting service in the past, before any of them competitors where even out" Why are you no longer running it? Did it go out of business ?

Banned
    Ok sherlock, we don't use gogax...

Infact, feel free to download http://www.uploaddot.com/100mb.test from any server and check speeds.

Website's:
    oneddl.eu nfomation.net linksafe.me
    Must be their dns cache then.

Probation
    in context that's pretty funny.

hope this works out. seems like a good product.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by piratebay View Post
    Uploaddot is aggressive
    Not trying to seem aggressive here

i'm waiting to see the plan PPD ,how much will you pay us ?

Infact, feel free to download http://www.uploaddot.com/100mb.test from any server and check speeds.

you might want to recheck this testfile, if i click on it then it wont start downloading, but instead showing some kind of code

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information