Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
62775 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    The Wise One
    Website's:
    twilight.ws ddlrank.com

Default Filesonic >400MB Submissions

Hi,

Lately ive come across a lot of downloaders reporting submissions of websites that submit filesonic links that are >400MB in size and thus NOT downloadable for a free user.

Me personally I'm against the whole "you have to buy a premium account" else you can't download it. Atleast rapidshare/fileserve and other hosts still offer a "slow" way to download the files, which is always better since it's still free.

What's your opinions on this?
    Whoo Reviewed by Whoo on . Filesonic >400MB Submissions Hi, Lately ive come across a lot of downloaders reporting submissions of websites that submit filesonic links that are >400MB in size and thus NOT downloadable for a free user. Me personally I'm against the whole "you have to buy a premium account" else you can't download it. Atleast rapidshare/fileserve and other hosts still offer a "slow" way to download the files, which is always better since it's still free. What's your opinions on this? Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

Trusted Webmaster
    Website's:
    KWWHunction.com
    I rather download 400mb movies regardless of quality over 1.3gb or w/e size file any day

Retired NinJa
    Website's:
    loledhard.com
    ^ lol he asking about filesize of rar parts

Anyways in my opinion, filesonic links more than 400MB shouldnt be allowed unless they are used with mirrors

You don't hate Justin bieber.You hate the fact you ain't Justin Bieber!

Respected Member
    Website's:
    DL4Everything.com Soft2050.in
    Well i am with this till the time there are mirrors too.
    Hope this will not be the new rule of ddl since i am providing 2 other mirrors too

The Wise One
    Website's:
    twilight.ws ddlrank.com
    My main argument here is that everything has to stay free for the users to download. if they wish to download a certain thing at higher speed, they can simply get a premium account but in the end they should always have the ability to choose between buying a premium account or downloading it for free.

As long as mirrors are provided I don't see a problem ofcourse

Need more input...

Trusted Webmaster
    Website's:
    KWWHunction.com
    Yea I get it, is exactly what I'm saying. I rather be able to download a 400mb size file as a free user and have that ability then to be forbidden and limited because of my subscription detail.

Quote Originally Posted by humour View Post
    Anyways in my opinion, filesonic links more than 400MB shouldnt be allowed unless they are used with mirrors
    I second this.

Just Another Coder
    Well, I do upload single links on FileSonic but I think all the uploaders should make sure to increase the limit in their filesonic accounts to 1 GB -

As long as other mirrors are provided there is no problem at all.

But the main thing is all the uploaders who upload more than 400 MB file sizes should actually change the setting I above mentioned and this would help in more earnings too i guess?

The Wise One
    Website's:
    twilight.ws ddlrank.com
    Quote Originally Posted by fdls4all View Post
    Well, I do upload single links on FileSonic but I think all the uploaders should make sure to increase the limit in their filesonic accounts to 1 GB -

As long as other mirrors are provided there is no problem at all.

But the main thing is all the uploaders who upload more than 400 MB file sizes should actually change the setting I above mentioned and this would help in more earnings too i guess?
    Thanks for letting me know that the uploaders have the ability to set a free users download limit. It's rather interesting to know that such a feature exists. This will allow us to respond more appropriate to the reports that downloaders do.

A rule stating: "All submissions that contain filesonic links must be downloadable by free users" or a more general rule: "The visitor must be able to use any of the download links without having to pay for a premium account" would be nice.

Just Another Coder
    Quote Originally Posted by Whoo View Post
    Thanks for letting me know that the uploaders have the ability to set a free users download limit. It's rather interesting to know that such a feature exists. This will allow us to respond more appropriate to the reports that downloaders do.

A rule stating: "All submissions that contain filesonic links must be downloadable by free users" or a more general rule: "The visitor must be able to use any of the download links without having to pay for a premium account" would be nice.
    Yes, there is such feature in FileSonic and most of the uploaders don't enable it. This would indirectly help the uploaders too because most people look around for single links as well and this would probably make their links more useful.

But one more point I noticed is if this is not enabled and the uloader keeps on uploading files of 1 GB and shares them then there won't be any earnings in his account also.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information