Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
6951 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Default Moving wordpress with cpanel backup

hey guys,
    so i hosted my site with reloadin.com and due to them being spastics i decided to move it.
    literally JUST as i go into wordpress to get a backup their whole server fucks up and renders everything useless, after about 10 emails of me asking them to fix the shit, they email me back an IP so i can get into cpanel.

SO my question is more or less, is it possible to restore a wordpress database with a backup from Cpanel?
    i have googled for abit, but all i can find is people saying how to do it from within wordpress (i cant get into wordpress)

any help would be good
    thanks
    SpaZy. Reviewed by SpaZy. on . Moving wordpress with cpanel backup hey guys, so i hosted my site with reloadin.com and due to them being spastics i decided to move it. literally JUST as i go into wordpress to get a backup their whole server fucks up and renders everything useless, after about 10 emails of me asking them to fix the shit, they email me back an IP so i can get into cpanel. SO my question is more or less, is it possible to restore a wordpress database with a backup from Cpanel? i have googled for abit, but all i can find is people saying how Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

Yes, you basically extract all content of the backup. There will be a folder "mysql", your database is there, you will have to upload your database via PHPmyAdmin, or script like Bigdump (http://ozerov.de/bigdump.php) , then you'll edit the wp-config.php, and enter the new database details.

That's all..

thanks for the quick response, i will try it out, hopefully it works

edit: do i create a new mysql database, then just change the information in the backup like database name, password etc to the new mysql details?

Yes, you should create:
    - New database
    - New user
    - Assign the user to the database

Edit the wp-config.php file, upload the files to public_html, and that's all..

Thread Information