Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
6878 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Respected Member
    Awesome thread

Website's:
    wautoposter.com
    Great Detail

Thank You

3.   Sponsored Links

How do you call it "en jinx"?
    It's kind of obvious, knowing what nginx is, to assume it is pronounced n-gin-x.

It begins...
    Lol, does pronunciation really matter? I thought we were more of discussing how it's performance is superior over others, and such.

Website's:
    host4offshore.com
    great post thanks :x
    || Host4Offshore :: Reliable, Quality, Fast Offshore Hosting Solution (USA/Netherlands/Sweden/Russia/Romania)
    || Shared , Reseller Hosting Sales Thread
    || Rapidleech Hosting Sales Thread
    || Current Promotion

Banned
    Website's:
    xsl.tel xsltel.com
    I would say and from my experience you can get great performance from Apache if you know how to tune it and understand the work of every directive .

most people set AllowOverrid directive to All in <Directory /> and that unfortunately decrease Apache webserver performance and increase Apache overhead searching for .htaccess files in every directory per request. (per request means its not cached imagine 1000 request per minute that will make Apache to look for .htaccess 1000 times in 1 minute).

the above is just 1 example of bad Directives using. it would give you a small idea of how big Apache is.

Apache is best web server in the world.
    Nginx is great for reverse proxy and flv streaming solutions . (I use it personally)

Highest Regards
    Mohammed H

It begins...
    At the end of the day, Apache still is inferior in terms of performance under a high load situation. Primarily because of the fact that it forks a new process to handle a new request that is not already handled by an otherwise child that's free. Compare that to the multi-threaded processes on nginx/lighty/cherokee.

I've, myself, had an exponential performance gain using Cherokee instead of Apache. Where Apache would stall for me after I had like 100,000 images hosted (and about a few thousand requests per minute), Cherokee's still going strong at over 600,000 images and there's still room for more.

Banned
    Website's:
    xsl.tel xsltel.com
    Lifetalk have you ever used Apache MPM Worker, Event.

just to let you know Apache already have multithreaded MPM but none benchmark that I don't know why?? (I guess it's human nature though), I personally have used it, it will fork only 1 processor and that processor will handle all requests through threads.

Highest Regards
    Mohammed H

Website's:
    10gb.in uploadjet.net
    Quote Originally Posted by XSLTel View Post
    I would say and from my experience you can get great performance from Apache if you know how to tune it and understand the work of every directive .

most people set AllowOverrid directive to All in <Directory /> and that unfortunately decrease Apache webserver performance and increase Apache overhead searching for .htaccess files in every directory per request. (per request means its not cached imagine 1000 request per minute that will make Apache to look for .htaccess 1000 times in 1 minute).

the above is just 1 example of bad Directives using. it would give you a small idea of how big Apache is.

Apache is best web server in the world.
    Nginx is great for reverse proxy and flv streaming solutions . (I use it personally)

Highest Regards
    Mohammed H
    Bro Mohammed H, can you please create a thread with helpful tips to tweak apache , it will help lot of guys like me
    10Gb.in - Affordable Web Hosting Strictly No oversell |
    Kimsufi Reseller With 80 payment options

Website's:
    oneddl.eu nfomation.net linksafe.me
    My view with apache...there is no use flogging a dead horse.

I recently moved another one of my sites to the 'ol nginx and fpm combination and it runs far better than before. Plus now that php-fpm allows dynamic process spawning, its as good, if not better than apache.

At this point some of you are probably going to flame me about the difficulty of using nginx rewrite rules. Well, I have one answer for you: try_files. Problem solved.

Nginx ftw, apache for the bin!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information