Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
61037 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Website's:
    IMGit.org ShareBB.org ShareBB.info

Default Hosting in Sweden/HK.

Hi!

I have an old topic which I asked in about a reliable host in Sweden,and all the suggestions were really "out of topic".

So I'm making this one to make what I want clear and get exactly what I need.

I'm looking for a host in Sweden/Hong Kong that provides Shared and/or VPS. my budget is around $15/month.

Thanks in advance.
    Effective Reviewed by Effective on . Hosting in Sweden/HK. Hi! I have an old topic which I asked in about a reliable host in Sweden,and all the suggestions were really "out of topic". So I'm making this one to make what I want clear and get exactly what I need. I'm looking for a host in Sweden/Hong Kong that provides Shared and/or VPS. my budget is around $15/month. Thanks in advance. Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

Any specific reason for such decision?

Banned
    Website's:
    What decision ? choosing those countries or moving to a new host ?

Yes, choosing those two countries. If you own a normal site go for Netherlands, USA, Germany, and maybe even Hungary. But there's no need to go for Hong Kong or Sweden as hosting is very expensive there, and there's no difference. If someone wants to take you down, he'll take you down no matter where are you hosted. He'll try everything.

Banned
    Website's:
    He'll do everything to take me down,but he would succeed easily in the countries you mentioned while in Sweden (specially PRQ) and Hong Kong (i.e HostFresh) are great hosts that are really hard to take down any site that's hosted with them.

The only problem is that they are too expensive,that's why I made this topic to know if there are any hosts in these two countries that provide the same great services,but for lower prices.

Haha, you forgot about many ways.. One of them is, you can report the site owner to the ICANN that he's using fake WHOIS, if he's using fake info he'll lose the domain. Domain will be automatically suspended, he can report your site's IP daily to the Datacenter with links that are against their TOS, if he cares that much to take down your site he can find out your personal info and post it somewhere.

Thing that I'm trying to say is that you're not safe anywhere. There's no such thing as anonymous domain (unless you register it with fake details) and there's no such thing as offshore hosting. But, you can host your site anywhere in the world. Just remember what tricks Al Qaeda used, they used to have a secret Website which was when you look at it, some online shoes shop in USA, but if you knew the right path and authentication details you could see the stuff they were exchanging.

Don't trust in those "I'm safe in Sweden", "Hong Kong FTW" myths. It's just plain bullshit.

Banned
    Website's:
    ORLY?

So how is WBB doing so well ? I actually don't care how,but I know that since one site is doing fine,others can as well even if it's expensive.

Even a better example than WBB is The Pirate Bay. they beat everyone,that's why I love PRQ.

wait wait wait I have one more cool example...Wikileaks! they were first hosted with PRQ as well.

Anyways,I think we're going a bit off topic here. any suggestions ?

Website's:
    oneddl.eu nfomation.net linksafe.me
    I own servers at both PRQ and soon Portlane in Sweden. You won't get anything for $15.

@Effective
    We're not going offtopic, we're discussing about this 'safe hosting' myth, and your examples aren't valid.

WarezBB - They have their copyright agent.
    The Pirate Bay - Something bigger than a regular torrent tracker.
    WikiLeaks - Who cares about WikiLeaks? If they did something that other countries would be against, their site would go down long time ago. Thing that I'm trying to say, they're not important.

Don't be a noob, rent a cheap server, don't act like you own the Interwebz and you'll be fine.

Banned
    Website's:
    I'll have my copyright agent. will that work ?

What I'm trying to say is,just how WBB is is doing fine,why can't I ?

I know it might not be so possible for me now since I don't have all the necessary equipments but it will be possible when the site grows. and for now I want a host that will at least provide good speeds and uptime and have a strong freedom of speech background.

oh and The Pirate Bay might be more than a torrent tracker,but it's owners who are PRQ's owners stand for exactly what I'm looking for. no wonder TPB is more than a torrent tracker.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information