Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
62792 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Banned

Default hosting on my vps offshore

delete...........
    accyuklad Reviewed by accyuklad on . hosting on my vps offshore delete........... Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

Probation

Default I jack this thread becouse Im new and I coudnt figure out how to start a new thread=)

I will launch a new website in December so I have plenty of time doing it right this time, so there for I would be grateful if you could give the n00b some advice here

I dont know whats the best solution for me. I have a guy doing the design for me now and another guy that will code the entire thing, it will be alot of flash stuff. However I dont know how I will be able to host the site yet...

The site alone, pictures musik and misc content will be MAX 2GB, I would like to have a mailserver connected to my mozilla thunderbird account. I need a new domain and want a simular mail account ofcourse.

here comes the tricky part, I have a harddrive here with 250GB of pdf and some pictures I would like to host/have for download, the average size is about 1MB per document, I have a static IP adress here where I work so I could set up a server here or I can try to find a webhotel giving me a mailserver and host the entire thing...the problem is that I cannot really find a cheap solution for me to host the 250GB nor a webhotel or serverhall that accept giving a static IP outside thier walls, any ideas ?

As you probably understand Im a n00b so please give me some tips and tricks and please point me in the right direction, also describe it to me as if I was 4 years old

I do not want to spend more than 10EURO/15USD a month becouse its a website for fun only.

As for TX/RX I have no estimation how much data the site will do a month but its a public site and there is alot of info there that ppl would like to get...however if there is ALOT of traffic I might set up a paypal account or something in the future but not now at this stage.

Thanks for a great forum btw

Thread Information