Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
62531 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Google Corp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Happy View Post
    If the creator is the one who is meant to post the link/screenshot to virus total what's to stop him scanning a clean version of the file and posting a download link to the infected one or a newer version which is infected?
    Answer:
    Quote Originally Posted by soft2050 View Post

^^ That thing from virustotal FTW

I know it could be firebugged/photoshoped

But they could check it once again to see whether it matches or not

The virustotal scan provides the unique md5 - can check if the file is the same/different to the one uploaded.

This method of using virustotal scans works, have seen it elsewhere. You tend to get some members who download the file and reupload it to virustotal just to double check - you know the sort of members I'm talking about.

Anyway, I think it's definitely needed with the number of mindless webmasters around here.
    Life asked Death: "Why do people love me, but hate you?"
    Death responded: "Because you're a beautiful lie and I'm the painful truth."

2.   Sponsored Links

Too busy :|
    Website's:
    L337Fx.com BeastieBay.net
    Quote Originally Posted by l0calh0st View Post
    I agree, but for some strange reason I am too lazy to do a Virus Total scan. My vision; Just use my apps, or just skip my apps if you don't trust me.
    Exactly. If you trust the app creator, there is no reason to scan it. But if the user is new, having 5-6 posts, created a thread about his app, then definitely you should scan.
    -----
    @OP,
    Use some sense and learn to identify people.
    Quote Originally Posted by SJshah View Post
    Anyway, I think it's definitely needed with the number of mindless webmasters around here.
    Well, it shows how you judge people here. A webmaster is never a mindless person. I think you have a misunderstanding of the word webmaster.
    By being a webmaster, he has proven that he has a mind that he has used to develop a site, whether he has just uploaded & installed the script, but it still needs a brain to do it. Instead of saying they are mindless, which sounds harsh, why not call them newbs, newbies, learners, amateurs ? etc.

Google Corp.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlaZe View Post
    Well, it shows how you judge people here. A webmaster is never a mindless person. I think you have a misunderstanding of the word webmaster.
    By being a webmaster, he has proven that he has a mind that he has used to develop a site, whether he has just uploaded & installed the script, but it still needs a brain to do it. Instead of saying they are mindless, which sounds harsh, why not call them newbs, newbies, learners, amateurs ? etc.
    Firstly. not everyone is a webmaster here.

Secondly, there are many members here who are very new to the online scene and have no knowledge what so ever of how to protect their private information. They are mainly the people I'm concerned for, hence why I made this thread.

Thirdly, yes, there are many 'mindless' members here. I'm not judging everyone, just a fraction of members. I wont go into it further.

Anyway, heres an example:
    http://www.besthostingforums.com/showthread.php?t=90926
    luckily cvrle77 was quick enough to post a scan report, but there should be measures in place for any member here to spot this.

Just showing my concern here, I didnt make this thread for my own benefit, just for the less experienced members here.
    Life asked Death: "Why do people love me, but hate you?"
    Death responded: "Because you're a beautiful lie and I'm the painful truth."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information