Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
62692 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

View Poll Results: What would you use?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • I would use Litespeed

0 0%
  • I would use Zend server

1 33.33%
  • I would use Apache

0 0%
  • I would use nginx

2 66.67%

Default Litespeed / Apache / nginx /Zend server

Ok,

I been trying to decide if I should go with litespeed or zend server for my next project.

Would you use zend server or litespeed?
    Danielx64 Reviewed by Danielx64 on . Litespeed / Apache / nginx /Zend server Ok, I been trying to decide if I should go with litespeed or zend server for my next project. Would you use zend server or litespeed? Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

Probation
    The answer to that would depend a lot on exactly what you are looking for. I'm not a lightspeed expert so I may be getting this a bit wrong but basically you're looking at a comparison of a fast web server SAPI vs. a full PHP application server that includes Apache/mod_php plus application monitoring, code tracing, various caching capabilities, transparent clustering, etc.

So if you don't see a lot of value in what Zend Server brings to the equation then it's sort of a "push".

Disclaimer, I do work for Zend but I'm trying to be objective.

Website's:
    Elite.SO Defendos.com Motionite.com
    None of them

Defendos BETA3 Released! Thread - Official Website

Quote Originally Posted by fogpuppy View Post
    The answer to that would depend a lot on exactly what you are looking for. I'm not a lightspeed expert so I may be getting this a bit wrong but basically you're looking at a comparison of a fast web server SAPI vs. a full PHP application server that includes Apache/mod_php plus application monitoring, code tracing, various caching capabilities, transparent clustering, etc.

So if you don't see a lot of value in what Zend Server brings to the equation then it's sort of a "push".

Disclaimer, I do work for Zend but I'm trying to be objective.
    Yea all I really want is the Zend Optimizer+ addon so that my website will run faster, but I may be out of luck (There no standalone version)

Website's:
    oneddl.eu nfomation.net linksafe.me
    I'd say neither. I don't think there is anything more you could do with either of them that could not be accomplished using nginx. If your project is php based, as far as I know, they both proxy out to a php interprtor (like fpm) in a similar way to nginx anyway. And to put the icing on the cake, nginx has an awesome support forum that is all completely free.

How easy is it to convert my complex .htaccess file to nginx? Also does nginx have DDOS protection like litespeed?

Website's:
    oneddl.eu nfomation.net linksafe.me
    That depends on what you want to run on it.

If you're using a script or cms that has a front controller (e.g. wordpress, joomla, drupal, codeignitor etc) then rewrite rules are pretty straightforward if you use try_files.

Other than that, it might be quite complicated, but only because it may take a while to familiarise yourself with nginx's rules.

With regards to DDOS protection, I have no idea, but my first guess is no. That being said you can, like all popular webservers, block multiple ip ranges. So if you do ever experience a DDOS attack, it can be prevented if you know what you're doing.

Yes, I'm running wordpress, phpbb and pwiki.

Right now I got this little bit in my htaccess file that check to see if I have entered a url that is known to me, if the correct url is entered, it will set a cookie and redirect me to wp-login.php and let me log into wordpress.

So if you go to danielx64.com/wp-login.php, it should not show the login page since you didn't put the correct url in.

So right now it between nginx and litespeed

Thread Information