Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
62571 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Website's:
    epicimagehost.com

Default rs2rs

Hey,
    I'm the owner of rs2rs.com

Is it legal to host a rs2rs script?!

Didnt really think about it when i bought it.
    Should I add some sort of disclaimer/tos that ppl should agree on before using it?

Regards,
    Robin H.
    Robin H Reviewed by Robin H on . rs2rs Hey, I'm the owner of rs2rs.com Is it legal to host a rs2rs script?! :) Didnt really think about it when i bought it. :D Should I add some sort of disclaimer/tos that ppl should agree on before using it? Regards, Robin H. Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

Banned
    On the basis that you do not store anything and on the principle that rapidshare does not log who downloaed what file, then there is no reason why it is any diffrent to linking, which is a grey area in most countrys.

Respected Member
    You do store something on the server temporally but you don't distribute it, its essentially the same as uploading a 100mb file via FTP to your server than remote uploading it to rapidshare then proceeding to delete the file from the server. At no point did you intentionally distribute the file on your server so you should be fine really its no worse than rapidleech.
    "Maybe this world is another planet's Hell"

Website's:
    epicimagehost.com
    Thanks guys

The script is hosted in france tough
    I'm planning on making some sort of cash out of it.
    Should that be any reason to bust me?

Please note that i'm 'already known' at the computer crime shizzle in my country.
    But since i'm not uploading anymore, I believe there's nothing they can do right?
    [ I'm not using it myself to ]
    Or should I bail now since it's not hard for them to go trough their records to know my adress etc.
    I'm quite paranoid indeed

BTW;
    This script doesnt store anything; I've givven myself a quota of 50mbyte and it transfers 500GB/day.

Robin H.

Website's:
    qwerty-roms.net
    Might want to do the following -
    Get a dedicated networking connection to your site, 1GBPS or 100MBPS should be good enough.

Your site is amazing and brilliant, i reccomend you edit your templates for a nice amount of adverts which you can charge a nice amount for.
    ($25 per advert per month?).

Just keep the promotion of the site up.. prehaps even buy rival services to redirect to your site.
    New High-End VPS's! TOP QUALITY COMPONENTS AT THE LOWEST PRICES!
    http://www.KWWHunction.com/showthread.php?p=501686

Website's:
    epicimagehost.com
    Quote Originally Posted by wildfire95
    Might want to do the following -
    Get a dedicated networking connection to your site, 1GBPS or 100MBPS should be good enough.

Your site is amazing and brilliant, i reccomend you edit your templates for a nice amount of adverts which you can charge a nice amount for.
    ($25 per advert per month?).

Just keep the promotion of the site up.. prehaps even buy rival services to redirect to your site.
    Way ahead of you
    Template was just done
    But i'll see if i can cram in another menu-like adspace like this site has.

Are there any rivals lol?
    As far as i know i'm the only one still standing.
    I've mailed the .info owner if he's interested in selling his domainname, but he hasnt responded ( yet? ).
    I'm planning a premium service that guarantees a min. speed of 8mbps.
    I buy my 100mbps at OVH. Its the cheapest I know. I could place about 120people on a 1gbps server. But a 1gbps unmetered server is just something I can afford atm

I'll get a second server for the "free" remoters.
    Because everytime a person visits my server now, the main server is overloaded with connections or whatever

But back to my questions now;
    Is it illegal to make profit with this site?

Thread Information