Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
6976 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Respected Developer
    Website's:
    wrzc.org

Default Noobs asking the same questions

What ever happened the similar searches module KWWH used to have at the bottom of topics?

It's just with noobs asking the same questions over and over it would help them discover faster that the thing their asking has already being asked a thousand times.
    Take this as an example http://www.besthostingforums.com/showthread.php?t=92368

If the module was still installed he wouldn't have said "there are no proper topics/post available on this issue".

Was it a resource issue or what? It's also great for SEO so I don't know why it was removed. Does anyone remember what I'm on about?

NOTE:
    It's good for KWWH SEO as it links similar content. On warez sites where people leech and post the same content it links duplicate content with is bad. Duplicate and Similar are completely different.
    Mr Happy Reviewed by Mr Happy on . Noobs asking the same questions What ever happened the similar searches module KWWH used to have at the bottom of topics? It's just with noobs asking the same questions over and over it would help them discover faster that the thing their asking has already being asked a thousand times. Take this as an example http://www.besthostingforums.com/showthread.php?t=92368 If the module was still installed he wouldn't have said "there are no proper topics/post available on this issue". Was it a resource issue or what? It's Rating: 5
    Tutorial How to SEO your Warez Site a guide to help you increase your organic traffic

Huge list of Warez Sites and free Multiposter Templates

2.   Sponsored Links

You mean similar threads? lol... It pretty much slows down the forum mate...

Its a problem for every huge forum
    "Only great minds can afford a simple style."

My hope is that these types of topics get banned: "Need forums to post uploads". What's the point of banning uploading services threads when 5 threads asking for fucking forums pop up daily.

mmm mmm!
    It's not easy to avoid that new members make a thread that has already been made​​.

Currently, we can only realize that people are lazy, and that the rest of us have to live with it. But, I don't understand why people care so much about it, really. It's not hard to avoid pressing the thread and read the content.. Is it?
    HATERS GONNA probably bring up some valid points considering I am an ignorant little twat so far up my own ass that i blame my problems on everyone and if you criticize me you're automatically wrong.

Website's:
    tricks-fix.com
    ^^agree with u on tht

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandvik View Post
    It's not easy to avoid that new members make a thread that has already been made​​.

Currently, we can only realize that people are lazy, and that the rest of us have to live with it. But, I don't understand why people care so much about it, really. It's not hard to avoid pressing the thread and read the content.. Is it?
    Laziness and stupidity are things that annoy me, I can't help it. I'm sure it also annoys other members as well. As far as new members go, there could be an automatic redirect after registration, and they select for what purpose they are on KWWH (uploader, webmaster, graphic designer, coder) and they are sent to a FAQ page.

Website's:
    KWWHunction.com wgtools.com
    Yeah unless the forum has <1,000 threads this is indeed hard to stop. Besides, why would we want to stop "similar" threads from popping up (as in newly created threads, not the feature). Just because it was discussed several months ago doesn't mean we shouldn't revisit the topic.

Things could change, new members may contribute, different context, different answers, different content. People should probably search before posting but at the same time I don't think we should go out of our way to stop similar threads unless of course they're within the same page of each other.

RE: The module, I've been waiting for a break from my business to perform some much needed changes on the server. I'll look into getting it working a bit better (it's still on, just a little tuned down).

Edit: Should be working as per usual now.

Thread Information