Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
62789 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

mmm mmm!

Default Spotify free on your mobile

A unique tutorial for members of KWWHunction.

It's possible to use Spotify on your smart phone with your own MP3 files.
    I will show you how.

1. Register as a user and download Spotify Open, if you have not already done so: http://www.spotify.com/no/get-spotify/overview/

The process takes a few minutes and gives you full access to Spotify library, but after 20 hours it's over. However, you can use Spotify free, as long as you play your own local files.

2. Start the program and login. Spotify will immediately look for local MP3 files and add them to your library automatically:

If you would like Spotify to look for more / fewer folders than the default, select Edit - Preferences from the menu:

You can also remove all the folders and drag & drop folders and files from Explorer to the Local Files list in Spotify. I like it best:

3. When the library is updated, you can create playlists in the left menu, then drag and drop songs from the Local Files list. For an entire album playlist, just drag the cover to the New Playlist icon:

4. Download and install Spotify on your mobile phone. You can find it in the App Store and Android Market, and it's free.

5. Log in with the same username as on your PC, and (important!) make sure the phone is connected to the same wireless network as your PC

Spotify on your PC will now automatically detect that your phone is available:

6. Press "Sync this device with Spotify." Spotify will start to sync your entire music library with your phone, via the wireless network:

NOTE: If you have many files, it can take an extremely long time, and may eat up all the space on the phone. Therefore it may be wise to tick the "Manually choose playlists to sync".

7. The rest goes by itself, and you can soon enjoy your music through Spotify on your mobile phone as much and as often as you like

And remember: If you make changes in the playlists on your PC, they will also be updated on the phone the next time they are in contact with each other, and vice versa.

Regards,
    Sandvik

Daniel Reviewed by Daniel on . Spotify free on your mobile A unique tutorial for members of KWWHunction. It's possible to use Spotify on your smart phone with your own MP3 files. I will show you how. 1. Register as a user and download Spotify Open, if you have not already done so: http://www.spotify.com/no/get-spotify/overview/ http://pokit.org/get/93ad660c3aba05e5da4b22e9e1531d41.jpg The process takes a few minutes and gives you full access to Spotify library, but after 20 hours it's over. However, you can use Spotify free, as long as you Rating: 5
    HATERS GONNA probably bring up some valid points considering I am an ignorant little twat so far up my own ass that i blame my problems on everyone and if you criticize me you're automatically wrong.

2.   Sponsored Links

Website's:
    aquickhost.com
    Thank you for such a wonderful guide.

mmm mmm!
    You're welcome. I know deep down that this is not a very difficult guide, but it is at least unique to KWWHunction, and I think it can be useful for those who may not know about this.
    HATERS GONNA probably bring up some valid points considering I am an ignorant little twat so far up my own ass that i blame my problems on everyone and if you criticize me you're automatically wrong.

Website's:
    aquickhost.com
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSandvik View Post
    You're welcome. I know deep down that this is not a very difficult guide, but it is at least unique to KWWHunction, and I think it can be useful for those who may not know about this.
    Yup, its really an easy to follow guide if done carefully. Very helpful if someone wants to sync their music freely on the mobile . I wish i could try this, but my phone has no wifi to try with.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandvik View Post
    A unique tutorial for members of KWWHunction.

It's possible to use Spotify on your smart phone with your own MP3 files.
    I will show you how.

1. Register as a user and download Spotify Open, if you have not already done so: http://www.spotify.com/no/get-spotify/overview/

The process takes a few minutes and gives you full access to Spotify library, but after 20 hours it's over. However, you can use Spotify free, as long as you play your own local files.

2. Start the program and login. Spotify will immediately look for local MP3 files and add them to your library automatically:

If you would like Spotify to look for more / fewer folders than the default, select Edit - Preferences from the menu:

You can also remove all the folders and drag & drop folders and files from Explorer to the Local Files list in Spotify. I like it best:

3. When the library is updated, you can create playlists in the left menu, then drag and drop songs from the Local Files list. For an entire album playlist, just drag the cover to the New Playlist icon:

4. Download and install Spotify on your mobile phone. You can find it in the App Store and Android Market, and it's free.

5. Log in with the same username as on your PC, and (important!) make sure the phone is connected to the same wireless network as your PC

Spotify on your PC will now automatically detect that your phone is available:

6. Press "Sync this device with Spotify." Spotify will start to sync your entire music library with your phone, via the wireless network:

NOTE: If you have many files, it can take an extremely long time, and may eat up all the space on the phone. Therefore it may be wise to tick the "Manually choose playlists to sync".

7. The rest goes by itself, and you can soon enjoy your music through Spotify on your mobile phone as much and as often as you like

And remember: If you make changes in the playlists on your PC, they will also be updated on the phone the next time they are in contact with each other, and vice versa.

Regards,
    Sandvik

Or just use Dropbox

mmm mmm!
    Would you like to make a unique guide on how to use Dropbox?

Thread Information