Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
62396 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default BritishCandyBars

Hi guys, I'd like to show you my website and I'd like to hear on what you had to say about it. Don't go pussy footing around on me, give me your honest opinion, remember I am targeting average home computer users, I am not targeting the keen eyed experienced webmaster niche.

The site is obviously about selling chocolate/candy/sweets etc and is supposed to look good but give the appearance of a strong company at the same time.

If you were a an average computer user looking to buy british chocolate would you leave my site or have a little browse first. Also please give me some comments on the prices and if you think they are reasonable or not. (I have tried making the prices as low as possible but to also succeed in conjunction with the post and packaging costs)

I would also like some feedback on SEO if that's possible, so if you have any experience on SEO (doesn't matter how much or how little) share your input.

Thank you for reading,

Code: 
    http://www.britishcandybars.co.uk/
    Sp32 Reviewed by Sp32 on . BritishCandyBars Hi guys, I'd like to show you my website and I'd like to hear on what you had to say about it. Don't go pussy footing around on me, give me your honest opinion, remember I am targeting average home computer users, I am not targeting the keen eyed experienced webmaster niche. The site is obviously about selling chocolate/candy/sweets etc and is supposed to look good but give the appearance of a strong company at the same time. If you were a an average computer user looking to buy british Rating: 5

So kiss me and smile for me, say that you'll wait for me <'3

2.   Sponsored Links

It seems that you've done most of the things we talked about, good job. The only thing that's making the site look unprofessional are those small images, try to find bigger images, and maybe make them with rounded corners? You can achieve it easily with CSS.

Small description of the candy product on the Index, bigger font size, price in bold, that's about it.

I have resized the images on the index and I shall take a look at the code a bit later on to make the prices bold. I am unsure on how I would add a description for the items on the index as I don't think my coding skills would be able to achieve this. I am pretty sure when I find the code to make the price bold I'll also find the code of the font size and I'll make that bigger too. Thanks again.

mmm mmm!
    Does this sound very strange?
    Buy the product, take a unique picture with a note containing your website? Perhaps a strange idea, but I think it can affect people to think more positively about a purchase.

Anyhow, I do not think all the pictures you have now fit, mostly because of the white background of every shot. The white background does not fit in with the rest of the design.

The little magic favicon is gone and missing.

I'd hired someone to rate the products, maybe get more people to rate the products, or you can do it yourself. It also provides a little more confidence in a purchase.

Maybe you should consider a newer and fancier logo. A logo that can get all our attention. A logo that includes a candy bar. A logo that is really pretty.

I think it's good that you've taken the time to write a bit about the website, and posted some pictures of the stores near you. etc. This indicates the seriousness, and a buyer are always looking for such points to be safer.

I think maybe "add to cart" should have been given a new color. The orange and white color can be annoying to many eyes.
    HATERS GONNA probably bring up some valid points considering I am an ignorant little twat so far up my own ass that i blame my problems on everyone and if you criticize me you're automatically wrong.

Website's:
    snowfortress.net
    I must confess I actually bookmarked this site the first time I saw it in your profile.

One thing that you perhaps would like to add is exact what payment options thats available and Im talking from a possible buyer/customer perspective as when I want to buy anything on the net I normaly always tend to see how can I pay and what will it actually cost in the end. The payment link is very visible but you could and perhaps should add icons/buttons for the payment options on that page.

Good work!

/UpNorth

Thanks guys, I've taken both of your inputs and I've actually thought about the background to all the current images before not looking too tasteful and I didn't really like the amount of orange as well so when I get a decent amount of time I'll take a look into those, I can't afford to get images of all the chocolates in my house hold, well, I can but I don't really feel up to going to that extreme.

I also agree with the favicon and the logo being of poor standard to a shopping website. Much appreciated for the feedback @ MrSandvik

Thanks for your message UpNorth, I'm glad to see you bookmarked it and I couldn't agree more, I am going to add a little image on the home page with options such as visa/mastercard/paypal etc approved as the payment section isn't enough.

Thanks a lot for giving your inputs.

Website's:
    Elite.SO Defendos.com Motionite.com
    - Put product images (transparent) in boxes.
    - Change USD to British Pounds.
    - This menu could be better, other font or jQuery/css effects:
    http://imgcrave.com/?vH2tN.png

All others looks okay

Defendos BETA3 Released! Thread - Official Website

Website's:
    allgames2k.com games2k.me Moviesondownload.com
    Website Looks Cool and Somewhat Professional But i hate those white images Background edit them with Your template colour other than, every things looks settled and impressive, Good Luck!!
    Adspots on Allgames2k.Com - 6000 U/V. PM ME!

Respected Member
    Website's:
    nooky.us
    Site is OK, but can't you just walk into any supermarket and buy these? Why spend $1 on shipping?

https://chevychasesupermarket.elssto...er-eight-mints

US$4.59

Why would people pay you $5.50 + $1.10 = $ 6.60 and having to wait days or weeks?

And why not use 'brought' instead of 'brang'. Use colloquial English instead of urban terms.

- Change USD to British Pounds.
    Site is aimed on the US market (and so are the shipping costs), so no need to put in GBP.

1$ shipping???? are you nuts??? 20 items 20$?? i rather buy in asda or tesco with free delivery

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information