Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
62070 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Cinema 4D Work

Hey :-)
    I followed a tutorial on Youtube (not exactly to the last dot, but yes more or less)

Code: 
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lY1u9rvObbI
    And this is my end result

I'm going to change a few things now, add my own little bits and pieces if I can lol. It probably won't be great lol, but it's all a new learning curve
    Ashleyuk1984 Reviewed by Ashleyuk1984 on . Cinema 4D Work Hey :-) I followed a tutorial on Youtube (not exactly to the last dot, but yes more or less) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lY1u9rvObbI And this is my end result =) http://i25.lulzimg.com/027a9a.png I'm going to change a few things now, add my own little bits and pieces if I can lol. It probably won't be great lol, but it's all a new learning curve :) Rating: 5

UltraIMG - Free Image Hosting
    Want to ask me anything to do with UltraIMG?? Send me a PM.
    Chances are that if you leave a message on the forum I might not see it. :)

2.   Sponsored Links

Good work Bro
    #1 Designer IN KWWHunction

Portfolio Thread in KWWH : XxX's GFX Service
    Temporary Portfolio: Here

I made some text infront of the spheres, started to render, then my PC crashed lol. DOH!! And I didn't even save the original C4D file. Oh well, I'll have to start from scratch, but on a good note I suppose it will be good practice

Very nice, try to use fersnel in your reflection texture, lower brightness and mix strength and the reflections would be more realistic

Thanks, yeah I used "fersnel", but I think I just need to play around with the brightness and strength like you said, just to get the correct reflection. (I was just copying the tutorial settings - give or take a few values)

Rendering takes sooooo long but looks so good!!

Also, go to render settings and turn on ambient occlusion (you will get more realistic shadows) - this will prolly increase your render time, but it'll be worth it. And ultimately, if you want to get rid of those pixel lines in refection, go to render settings and anti-aliasing and change the mode from geometry to best and 2x2 or 4x4 depending on how long you can wait for it to render

Hehehe, I done all that as well It was all in the tutorial that I watched. It was a pretty good tutorial and easy to follow (unlike some - some people just fly through it without explaining things).
    I had anti-aliasing at 4x4, errrmmm... ambient occlusion, and also "global illumination"? enabled.
    I tried anti-aliasing at 16x16 LOL - and also set something else to max (cant remember what), but WOW that took AGES to render LOL. Didn't look much different though, so I just turned it back down to 4x4. That's more than enough.
    Leaving work in 5 minutes, can't wait to get home to try some new things out
    Thanks for all your tips!!
    I might try out some sort of "cylinder spiral thing" with a few rounded cubes and spheres, just random shapes. See the outcome. Of course, I'll upload my results. I'll just have some fun with it.

nice bro

Global Illumination is gonna rape your render time. lol.. Also, for anti aliasing, only use the 16x16 if you have a ton of reflections, other wise it wont make that much of a difference, for ex. in this piece 2x2 would've been fine...

This is just a little something that I was working on the other night.

Preview

Full size - 1920 x 1200

Code: 
    http://i26.lulzimg.com/97e419.png
    I also still have the C4D file if anyone wants to have a play.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information