Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
6424 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    JGM
    Quote Originally Posted by PlusOne View Post
    I dont want a mod to automatically code links. I wan a mod which wont allow users to post direct links before a certain post count.
    I think one of the Cyb mods does this, I think it's either Cyb Advanced Forum Registrations or Cyb Advanced Users (or something similar) I had it installed on my forum and it will prevent users in a certain usergroup from posting links be they coded or not.

JGM.

•     
    JGM, That would be the Cyb - Advanced Permissions Based on Post Count plugin.

•     
    Website's:
    forumflare.com
    Quote Originally Posted by JGM View Post
    I think one of the Cyb mods does this, I think it's either Cyb Advanced Forum Registrations or Cyb Advanced Users (or something similar) I had it installed on my forum and it will prevent users in a certain usergroup from posting links be they coded or not.

JGM.
    But he only wants to restrict non coded links I believe, that's why I suggested the edit.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

•     
    JGM
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptile View Post
    JGM, That would be the Cyb - Advanced Permissions Based on Post Count plugin.
    That's the bugger! I couldn't for the life of me remember its name!

@ Exel - The only possible way I can think of would be to modify the above mentioned hack to get it to recognise the difference between coded and uncoded links (code/url tags) and have 2 different options within the hack settings in the AdminCP.

Trying to get my head round the edit you mentioned but it's been a while since I did anything with vBulletin now

JGM.

•     
    Website's:
    forumflare.com
    Quote Originally Posted by JGM View Post
    That's the bugger! I couldn't for the life of me remember its name!

@ Exel - The only possible way I can think of would be to modify the above mentioned hack to get it to recognise the difference between coded and uncoded links (code/url tags) and have 2 different options within the hack settings in the AdminCP.

Trying to get my head round the edit you mentioned but it's been a while since I did anything with vBulletin now

JGM.
    True, that could be another possible solution.

The edit I mentioned simply checks if the usergroup is '2' and if it is, it'll code the links automatically, making there be no live links for the usergroup '2'

•     
    Respected Member
    Website's:
    ShineServers.Com Pickadedi.com
    Check your PM . Thanks

•     
    Website's:
    forumflare.com
    Replied to.

---------- Post added at 09:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by PlusOne View Post
    I want a mod to restrict posting of direct links by members before they reach a specific post count, say 5.

Note: It shall however allow the posting of links in [*code][/*code]. Most of the mods I found there work such that it wont allow posting of links even in coded format
    Well, I made a product for it.

As you can see, coded links work just fine;

I'll release it on my site soon.

•     
    Website's:
    tricks-fix.com
    Edited...

•     
    Website's:
    WarezRocker.info Share4U.org Imdb.WarezRocker.info DownTurko.org Host-Palace.com HeroTurko.pro
    is there any plugin or product to show users thumbs in forum main page? like in ipb.

•     
    Website's:
    forumflare.com
    Explain more, like display their avatar when you hover over their name?

• Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread Information