Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
6746 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
    Website's:
    extremecoderz.com

Default Tidying up the hosting section

It has become somewhat of a "known rule" that people shouldn't use a host advertised on KWWHunction, even to the point that staff openly approve.

I can agree with why it has come to this point, but there are many very good hosts that advertise here, some providing a very good service. The problem is that anybody can become a host and create a thread. Furthermore, its impossible to vet every single created thread, and of course impossible to know how the "company" will pan out in the future. A perfect example is KnownSrv. Krun!x is a very talented server manager, i'm a customer myself, and the recent events of being DDoSed unfortunately and inevitably turned what was a very reliable and valuable host into the opposite.

As i said, eradicating the problem can't happen. Potential clients are ultimately responsible for their own decisions, however I think we can reduce the impact by implementing a few rules.

I propose, in accordance with what happened here, that if hosts are found to be "lying or misleading" that infractions or any other appropriate action should be enforced. I should also note that the owner of the thread i pointed to acted admirably with the evidence given and made the appropriate ammendments. Hosts should also be aware that ignorance is not an excuse. A host should know any area in which they are a part of with enough experience to warrant posting sufficiently realistic data.

Doing so will remove the ability for hosts to simply write anything to convince potential customers they are the best, and instead write realistic sales pitches. I appreciate that this may already be an unwritten rule, however i think written rules will make moderator's jobs easier, and also give the host something to think about before they post unrealistic statistics and/or fake business history.

Whilst its not going to solve the problem entirely, I think its a step forward in cleaning the section up, and can be updated as and when necessary to tighten up the ship, and eradicate the saying "dont go with a host from KWWH". As I said, there are a lot of very good hosts, and it's important to let these hosts flourish, and eradicate the idiots, whilst still maintaining a fair, level ground for everybody.

Suggested Ideas

- False or misleading information/Fake History will result in appropriate action being taken.
    - Uptime should be served by a third party website, not a static statement.
    jayfella Reviewed by jayfella on . Tidying up the hosting section It has become somewhat of a "known rule" that people shouldn't use a host advertised on KWWHunction, even to the point that staff openly approve. I can agree with why it has come to this point, but there are many very good hosts that advertise here, some providing a very good service. The problem is that anybody can become a host and create a thread. Furthermore, its impossible to vet every single created thread, and of course impossible to know how the "company" will pan out in the future. A Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

Website's:
    imdber.org justpaste.me
    Hosts should also be aware that ignorance is not an excuse. A host should know any area in which they are a part of with enough experience to warrant posting sufficiently realistic data.
    +1. I also had that mindset that when a host advertises on KWWH I shouldn't be too confident when using them. I've sticked to KnownSRV before because the guy indeed knows what he's doing unlike the other host providers advertising here.

Doing things differently.
    I might be slightly offtopic but here goes.

If something can be done like the filehosts group were given, but for the Hosters here ( but no group made ), So atleast users just can't just buy a $10 reseller and become an overnight company.

I'm sure their could be a decent set of rules/requirements/proof which hosts must follow/do to be able to sell, if not it could maybe go on a 3 strike(s) or all sales threads removed and banned from selling here.
    $project->uploading($surprise);
    //Fatal error: found object, can't execute, no earn = must kill self..

Respected Developer
    Website's:
    wrzc.org
    What I find most amusing in these types of threads is a one month old company who is offline for the last week still has 99.99% uptime.
    Tutorial How to SEO your Warez Site a guide to help you increase your organic traffic

Huge list of Warez Sites and free Multiposter Templates

Website's:
    StreamBit.net BBQKittens.com
    Why don't you just buy KWWH jay?
    Removed by Staff

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
    Website's:
    extremecoderz.com
    I wanted to. Its not for sale anymore. In any case, KWWH has given me many customers, i'm just offering my experience and ideas to help us all.

@MrHappy. I agree. Uptime should not be a static statement, but a third-party statistic.

Original topic will be ammended for the proposed ideas.

Website's:
    Nerdy-Tutorials.com Mp3viddown.com Filmlab.eu
    he has a good idea. stop bashing him/her

Banned
    Website's:
    KWWHunction.com
    Everyone knows Jayfella was the best host ever here on KWWH, Then DLow then Tippie loll

I kid i kid,

But srsly tho i stop in time from time to check on all of you guys. And every time i pop in i see a thread about a hosting issue, People do your research about companies.

Maybe before viewing hosting threads there should be a disclaimer or warning of some sort that you have to agree too ???

just my 2 cents.

- dlow

Website's:
    forumflare.com
    DLow, we miss you.

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
    Website's:
    extremecoderz.com
    ...Maybe before viewing hosting threads there should be a disclaimer or warning of some sort that you have to agree too ???...
    Well nobody reads that disclaimer crap, and putting the responsibility on the client wouldnt help. Nobody reads disclaimer crap, whereas a host interested in selling something is more likely to adhere to the rules. Furthermore, the "3rd party uptime" rule would probably help good hosts - so the rules suggested at this moment in time will only serve to inflate good companies, and deflate crap ones; or at the very least, highlight the problem areas and force them to sort their shit out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information