Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
6792 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Respected Developer
    Website's:
    wrzc.org

Default Security Alert - Warning about Yahoo Browser Plugin for Chrome

The new Yahoo search plugin which was only released a few hour ago is leaking a security certificate file in the Google Chrome Extension. This makes it possible for people to spoof the extension and record all your browsing, passwords etc.

What a stupid mistake by Yahoo. Anyone who has developed extensions for Google Chrome (myself included) knows about this. It's really annoying as I thought this was one of the first good things Yahoo have done in a long time yet it's now a PR and security nightmare.

It was Nik Cubrilovic who made the discovery and has outlined how to take advantage of the extension. You can visit his post for more info.
    http://nikcub.appspot.com/posts/yaho...rtificate-file

---------- Post added at 02:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 AM ----------

Update
    Yahoo have reacted. The chrome extension has being pulled from the Chrome Web Store and the certificate blacklisted with Google. An updated extension is expected to be released later today.
    Mr Happy Reviewed by Mr Happy on . Security Alert - Warning about Yahoo Browser Plugin for Chrome The new Yahoo search plugin which was only released a few hour ago is leaking a security certificate file in the Google Chrome Extension. This makes it possible for people to spoof the extension and record all your browsing, passwords etc. What a stupid mistake by Yahoo. Anyone who has developed extensions for Google Chrome (myself included) knows about this. It's really annoying as I thought this was one of the first good things Yahoo have done in a long time yet it's now a PR and security Rating: 5
    Tutorial How to SEO your Warez Site a guide to help you increase your organic traffic

Huge list of Warez Sites and free Multiposter Templates

2.   Sponsored Links

Website's:
    ihide.info
    lol what an epic failure by yahoo. I guess they rushed this too fast.
    KWWH has turned gay. I will not return until Phamous is demoted.

Thread Information