Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
6892 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 50 dollars for every DMCA?

So I was helping a friend out looking for hosts. I always check here, what's new with KWWH, WHT and i peeked at Hack forums.

I saw a host there with good prices and I believe they are hosted in Romania which is the area he wanted.

So i sent them a few pre-sales questions and I asked their policy on DMCA.
    Now they said they take DMCA very serious which i found odd since

1. THey are promoting on Hackforums
    2. They allow various illegal and hacking things on their server(Nothing wrong with that)
    3. They allow nulled scripts

so when I inquired more about it, the guy was like they take DMCA VERY SERIOUSLY and that they charge $50 for every DMCA a client receives?

Has anyone ever head of something like that?
    Micah Sin Reviewed by Micah Sin on . 50 dollars for every DMCA? So I was helping a friend out looking for hosts. I always check here, what's new with KWWH, WHT and i peeked at Hack forums. I saw a host there with good prices and I believe they are hosted in Romania which is the area he wanted. So i sent them a few pre-sales questions and I asked their policy on DMCA. Now they said they take DMCA very serious which i found odd since 1. THey are promoting on Hackforums 2. They allow various illegal and hacking things on their server(Nothing wrong Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

I think they meant to say that they charge the reports $50 to take down the reported content. For example, if I find something "infringing", I'll report that to your host and your host will charge me $50 to take it down.

Read this article: http://torrentfreak.com/should-websi...edowns-120528/

Ah I see. I had never heard of this before
    (And it caught me offguard when they said it).

Learned something new.

It begins...
    Doubt that is what they meant, although they could. But there are companies out there that do charge their clients a handling fee for DMCA notices; off the top of my head, Swiftway charges $1 per DMCA notice received by the client after the first 10 or 20 DMCA notices which are not charged.

Just out of curiosity why would you go for a host that's been advertising on Hackforums ?

Surely that's a sign to stay the fuck away from them
    Signature too big, removed by staff.

I personally never use hackforums as a member. nothing against them. Site's way too big and a jumble to navigate through.

(Though once WHT, I mentioned I found my host from KWWHunction and they were up in arms saying that the hosts here are for scammers and good luck when my money is stolen.)

But my friend is a member of HF and told me they have a hosting section which is how i found the host in question as i figured he may like a host from HF since he uses the site daily.

Quote Originally Posted by shadow.prx View Post
    Just out of curiosity why would you go for a host that's been advertising on Hackforums ?

Surely that's a sign to stay the fuck away from them
    TBH, there is no problem if someone advertises on HackForums.
    That's a marketplace too, and most probably 50+ people everyday navigate to hosting section to find a host.
    It's not necessary that on a hacking forum everybody will host illegal content.

The site has great traffic and is a decent way to promote a business.

So yeah my initial thoughts were correct. They do charge the client 50 bucks for all the DMCAs they receive.

They must have tried to bait you.
    Never mind, I hope you would not believe this shit.

Respected Developer
    Website's:
    X4B.org
    For a host like that perhaps a reverse proxy service would be best?

Although if you need your site to appear to be hosted in Romania then that would be an issue since neither I nor my competitors have nodes in that country.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information