Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
61775 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Default changed the User and password for my site in wordpress

Today I was trying to get into my wordpress admin panel and was saying that the User does not exist. I tried to send the password to my email and it appeared that nothing existed. I was on the users table of the database and it was my surprise:

the User and the password is changed and there but the email

Can someone explain to me how did this happen? my wordpress is the latest version.
    Thanks
    ctoveloz Reviewed by ctoveloz on . changed the User and password for my site in wordpress Today I was trying to get into my wordpress admin panel and was saying that the User does not exist. I tried to send the password to my email and it appeared that nothing existed. I was on the users table of the database and it was my surprise: http://i3.lulzimg.com/8b00deac3e.jpg the User and the password is changed and there but the email :O Can someone explain to me how did this happen? my wordpress is the latest version. Thanks Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

Respected Member
    probably got hacked ?

This does look like you've been hacked. re-install all of the wordpress files and then to reset the user password, type the password in plain text within phpmyadmin and then select function md5 and your root password will reset for you.

Website's:
    anadesigns.net
    Take the above advice and please make sure your new WP installation is secure.

http://codex.wordpress.org/Hardening_WordPress

No matter how big or small your site, you can always be a target of hackers. Even my dog's blog gets hack attempts.

Thread Information