Activity Stream
48,167 MEMBERS
6748 ONLINE
besthostingforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter besthostingforums On Twitter besthostingforums On Facebook besthostingforums On facebook groups

Default How to transfer domains from a dead host?

I have several websites with a hosting company.

I bought the hosting and the domain names through them, all over three years old - so renewed multiple times.

Today, it seems that the hosting company got its own accounts suspended (spacenets, previously host2m) - and all my sites are down with nice 'This account has been suspended' landing pages ^^

If I wanted the domains to be hosted from a different provider, how can I do it if the place I bought them through remains unreachable, when I cant access nameservers, disable privacy protect or registrar lock etc?
    ARGHHH Reviewed by ARGHHH on . How to transfer domains from a dead host? I have several websites with a hosting company. I bought the hosting and the domain names through them, all over three years old - so renewed multiple times. Today, it seems that the hosting company got its own accounts suspended (spacenets, previously host2m) - and all my sites are down with nice 'This account has been suspended' landing pages ^^ If I wanted the domains to be hosted from a different provider, how can I do it if the place I bought them through remains unreachable, when Rating: 5

2.   Sponsored Links

only way is to contact them,
    and transfer domain to other domain provider (like namecheap, gossimer)

then get your backup and put in new hosting and change nameservers

They are 'un-contactable'

If I could contact them, I wouldn't have made the op

Respected Member
    If you have no backups try contacting their host and beg and plead.

As far as domain name, depending on their registrar for your domain name some will offer to put the domain in your name if you can prove it was registered for you and show proof of payment for the years you owned it.
    This will also be contingent on your host not disputing the change.

Pick up the phone and dial. Direct speech with them will be better than contacting the registrar and your host's host by email.

Thanks for that advice

I have my own backups, but I wondered how to 'reclaim' my domains from a host that was defunct - fortunately it looks like I panicked when I didn't need to.

Seems my host had a glitch in the payments to their hosts....... or some such error. All's well again now.

I'd just like to say that in 3 years this is the most serious hiccup I've had with spacenets, and it was sorted within 36 hours

Thanks again

Website's:
    Shinjiru.com Shinjiru.com.my
    Glad that your issue has been resolved. You did the right thing by keeping the backups, 'cause if it were a serious issue, all your work would have been gone.
    Shinjiru Technology Inc.
    Offshore Web Hosting Provider Since Year 2000 | 100,000 satisfied customers
    Malaysia, Singapore, Holland, Russia, Luxembourg, Lithuania, Romania
    Email: [email protected] | Phone: +603-7987-1191

Respected Member
    I would suggest having the host place you as owner or at least give you access to the registrar site as a second person...

Thread Information